Senior Manager, Software Engineering
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Business Technology blazes the trail of enterprise IT. Built on the foundation of our core values - Trust, Customer Success, Equality, and Innovation - we own more than the traditional IT components with a heavy focus on working closely with our business partners for amazing outcomes. Our goal is to deliver technology that is centered around our business and our collective success. We oversee technology strategy, Salesforce on Salesforce, customer and partner enablement, applications engineering, infrastructure, collaboration, enterprise operations, architecture, and program enablement. We own the world’s foremost Salesforce implementation and enable our global team to do their best work by leveraging our platform.
We are looking for a talented, self-directed, technical leader to manage software engineers on the Business Technology Application Engineering team focused in the Employee Success area. This is an amazing opportunity to make an impact while partnering with some of Salesforce’s most mission driven teams. The team is one where self-directed individuals thrive, and one where your vision for increasing transformation can be realized.
You will be responsible for hiring and retaining top engineers, growing the team and each individual on it, and helping guide our technical direction. The team’s focus will be on creating and improving Salesforce.org’s systems and web applications to help us achieve our mission in an Agile, Product driven model.
- Hire and retain top engineering talent
- Assist in the growth of each employee through coaching and career development activities
- Assess performance of direct reports according to corporate policies and procedures
- Drive design and implementation of innovative, impactful, and high-quality solutions
- Collaborate with other teams to deliver impactful solutions to the organization
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to help define requirements and build to those requirements
- Support and Maintain robust, trusted systems to support Salesforce business partners
- Continuously improve on policies, procedures and technology
- Work effectively as part of a geographically distributed team
- Occasional travel is involved
- This is role in based in Hyderabad, India
- 10+ years of experience in software development or information technology
- 7+ years of experience with CRM or other HR technology systems development
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing a team of engineers in a challenging, dynamic environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Desired Technical Skills:
- Experience with Apex, Lightning, Tableau, Mulesoft, and the Salesforce.com APIs
- Experience with Python, NodeJS, Heroku, Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Recruiting and Onboarding technology implementations
- Experience with agile/scrum methodology implementations or transformations
This role is Office-Flex (~1-3 days/wk in office)
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.