IT Project Consultant, Enterprise Cloud Services
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Within the Product Engineering Enterprise Cloud Services (ECS) organization, our Project & Program Office is focused on the best in class project execution to accelerate S/4 HANA cloud adoption in the market. The Project Office manages the planning and implementation, and also owns the escalation management during planned project activities. The Project Lead will work in Enterprise Cloud Services accounts in the Americas.
The Project & Program Office Organization has the following priorities:
• Build and operate a world-class, efficient and reliable organization to support our customers' journey toward their next-generation business
• Help SAP customers realize the innovation power of SAP HANA and the SAP Cloud on a continuous basis
• Accelerate innovations to the S/4 HANA platform
• Manage system landscape provisioning, application installations, upgrades and migrations
• Perform project management for all ECS Delivery Projects
• Act as the main interface to the customer project team to ensure effective communication
These priorities are transferred into the Project & Program Office Organization in order to support the accelerated SAP HANA growth and adoption goals, and to ensure that SAP customers have an effective & secure way to move into the ECS Managed Cloud.
In order to increase our delivery strength, the Project & Program Office Organization requires talented, hands-on experts in application and technology areas, ideally candidates who are interested in the combination of these areas.
What you'll do
• You are a key contact for all topics around ECS technology to ensure a smooth move to the SAP HANA system landscape in the cloud. • Your passion is the implementation and migration of different solutions and technologies including the design, configuration and operation of the perfect solution landscape with the newest technologies, products and innovations.
• The Project Lead manages the provisioning and upgrades of system landscapes in the ECS Managed Cloud
• This role serves as an interface between the Sales / Client Delivery Management and the ECS Delivery Technical experts
• Ability to work under pressure and constantly add value to customer and within organization
• Collaborate with different teams within the ECS Delivery organization and with other lines of business to ensure excellent customer satisfaction; this includes interfacing with customers
What you bring
• Demonstrate IT Project Management Competences
• Strong business acumen plus technology/solution background
• Process affinity and strong process orientations
• Profound IT backend technology experience
• Experience in performing system owner related tasks
• Experience in working with cross-cultural teams or individuals
• Experience in working with cross-functional teams
• Actively manage project escalations
• Experience in managing SAP release upgrades
• May be required to work on weekends, off-hours, flexibility is a must
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management.
• Overall 5 years of related professional experience incl. 2+ years of experience in managing/ running landscape provisioning, installation, migration and upgrades and minimum 2 years of experience in a customer facing role with excellent command on de-escalating critical situations
• Good understanding of SAP Next Generation solutions and services (S4HANA, Analytics, Cloud, Mobility, HANA, Sybase)
• SAP Basis Lead with strong knowledge and hands on experience (desirable)
• Datacenter migration experience (desirable)
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
Requisition ID: 364891 | Work Area: Information Technology | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid
Job Segment: Cloud, ERP, SAP, Computer Science, Database, Technology