Senior Developer - SAP Cloud Virtualization - TCO
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
ABOUT THE UNIT, PURPOSE, AND OBJECTIVES
The TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) team is a newly created global team, that has already provided significant cost-benefits for HANA Cloud.
We are expanding the team and scope to address TCO holistically, for the entire HANA Database & Analytics business unit, spanning multiple products and all leading cloud providers.
The TCO team would drive the TCO topic holistically, including:
- Define and develop tools for large scale data analysis using machine learning for on-going insight, to drive TCO reduction.
- Plan and prepare roadmap for cloud resources adoption, based on capacity, cost and demand.
- Automatic classification and recommendations for optimal resource allocation.
- Define and develop cloud services for smarter resource management.
- Define and formalize the TCO methodology for SAP HD&A business-unit.
- Collaborate with all products engineering areas, COO, as well as cloud providers.
If you are passionate for data and like to leverage technology and data-science to build products and tools for driving business goals, send in your details and we will schedule a meeting.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, Senior Developer for the Cloud Virtualization Group / TCO team. Our group works with many different organizations and lines of business within SAP and leading cloud providers. Expect to work in a dynamic environment and team.
Some of the responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, design and develop frameworks and solutions, for analyzing and improving TCO.
- Building products and tools for analyzing large amounts of data, to provide optimal recommendations for cloud resource selection. Leveraging data-science and analytics frameworks.
- Work with different cloud providers, integrate APIs for relevant usage and resource selection.
- Leverage standard and cutting-edge technologies and products, such as K8s, Grafana, machine learning, HANA, etc.
- Leading and guiding junior developers in the team
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Passion for data, with experience analyzing large amounts of data using modern tools.
- B.Sc. / Eng. Degree in Computer Science, Data Science / Informatics, with excellent record (e.g., GPA 4.0).
- Very strong programming and architecture experience in cloud environments.
- At-least 5 years of relevant programming experience.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure, and k8s especially.
- Team player, with proven ability to work with teams of different disciplines.
- Knowledge of machine learning concepts is highly desired.
- Fluent English is a must (both written and verbal).
- Knowledge of SAP HANA and analytics tools, preferred.
- Understanding business and financial aspects of cloud architecture is highly desired.
- Experience working in and with distributed and diverse team is highly desired.
We are looking for a highly skilled professional with 5+ years’ work experience.
Israel (Raanana), Germany (Walldorf/Berlin)
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 384556 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Job Segment: SAP, ERP, Developer, Virtualization, Cloud, Technology