Senior ABAP Software Engineer
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
What you'll do:
We are looking for a developer who is a fast learner, can ramp up quickly as Full Stack developer and help us move to the new stack on our Cloud Transformation Journey. You will be a member of our Record-to-Report scrum team, who acts with enthusiasm, personal commitment and an agile mindset to create business value by building innovative, cloud-ready enterprise applications and solutions as well as by extending SAP standard applications on the ABAP platform, in the cloud as well as on-premise.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Product delivery through entire lifecycle with focus on Record-to-Report
- Actively pull backlog items in a self-organized manner, as prioritized by the product owner
- Drive clarity around business requirements to refine user stories
- Design and validate solution approaches together with the business
- Implement, test, deploy, and document solutions in incremental sprints
- Continuously share your knowledge within your team
- Stay up to date by adopting new methods, technologies, and solutions
- Bug-fix what is broken and drive continuous improvement in how the team delivers value
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar
- 2-5 years of professional experience in an IT, Development, or Consulting environment as developer preferably full stack, ABAP
- Advanced programming skills in ABAP/ ABAP OO or another object-oriented programming language
- Fluent in English language
- Self-motivated, dedicated to taking responsibility, with the ability to learn quickly
It is nice you have:
- Knowledge in definition of CDS (Core Data Services)
- Test-driven development mindset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of SAP Finance solutions is an advantage
Meet your team
We as Core Finance IT Solutions Team consult, implement & operate IT solutions to make people more productive and help SAP run at its best. Record-to-Report as part of Core Finance IT Solutions is a cross-functional product team that delivers highly integrated, digital and automated Finance IT-solutions based on SAP runs SAP principles to our internal customers in GFA board area.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 384437 | Work Area: Information Technology | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Job Segment: ABAP, ERP, Computer Science, Test Engineer, Software Engineer, Technology, Engineering