Senior Data Platform Engineer (f/m/d) SAP Signavio - Platform Group
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
About SAP Signavio
One of the top three best-performing business units in the whole of SAP, Signavio helps our customers gain insights, improve, and transform all their business processes – fast and in scale. SAP Signavio was created through the merger of Signavio, the leading cloud provider for process management, with SAP’s own process analytics product teams.
Meet the team
Building on the intelligent enterprise strategy, SAP Signavio set out to assist and accompany SAP customers in navigating through their digital transformation by helping them gain insights and improve their business processes. The Platform Services Group is part of the Platform Group, one of five groups in the engineering department of SAP Signavio unit. We value consistency, modularity & re-usability, as well as simplicity.
The focus of the Platform Services Group is shared backend services providing integration and extensibility capabilities and thus forming central building blocks for SAP Signavio’s Suite.
What you will do
- You will build up a central best-in-class analytics platform for SAP Signavio cross- and inter-tenant and product analytics to allow customer-driven data modeling, and consumption and facilitate seamless exchange of information across multiple products.
- Your tasks will include integrating SAP’s analytics portfolio including HANA Cloud, SAP Datasphere, SAP Analytics Cloud (Embedded), and closing gaps via developing in SAP Signavio’s technology platform.
- You will lead a Data Mesh approach to be implemented and enabled within SAP’s Business Process Transformation Suite to allow our customers to take their business to the next level.
- Technologies you will be in touch with are REST, OData, GraphQL, HANA Cloud, Datasphere, SAP Business Technology Platform with technologies such as Java, Spring Boot and nodeJS.
- You will be a crucial driver for providing analytics capabilities to the whole SAP Signavio Product & Engineering group, to build data products that harness the immense value derived from the combination of our data holds.
- You will be driving integration architecture in close collaboration with our Cross Architecture team and drive reuse to focus on the unsolved problems in the analytics space that are waiting for us to tackle e.g. virtual data brokerage, transparent integration, and open but managed access for the whole SAP Signavio ecosystem.
What you will bring
- Excitement to go new ways and deliver value to our customers.
- Analytical and Problem-solving Skills – Capable of assessing customer requirements and transforming them into software solutions.
- Self-motivated, result-oriented, and creative.
- Fluent in English with good communication skills.
- Collaborative attitude with wisdom to manage meetings in a healthy way.
- Experience as a backend or full-stack engineer building highly scalable and reliable web applications.
- Experience in the development of large-scale cloud data stores/analytical systems + experience with relational, non-relational, or analytical databases or the consumption/ingestion of such systems
- Experience constructing the architecture of complex and innovative solutions; Profound knowledge of Java/JVM-based programming language.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including CI/CD, Test-Driven Development, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, testing, and operations.
- Experience with data/analytics/business intelligence tools and platforms such as SAP
- Analytics Cloud, SAP Data Warehouse Cloud, or other external market tools.
#SAPBPICareers #businessprocessintelligence #signavio #bpi #LI-Hybrid #MultiSalesDE
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
Requisition ID: 386222 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time or Part Time | Additional Locations: Virtual - Germany #LI-Hybrid
Job Segment: Database, Test Engineer, Testing, Cloud, ERP, Technology, Engineering