Solution Owner for SAP´s Intelligent Enterprise System Operations America (IT Technology Consultant)
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
SAP’s vision is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives.
We are The Cloud Company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries Run Simple.
Being part of the IE Solutions organization, the IE System Operations (IESO) team is responsible for the E2E operation of SAP´s internal mission critical services based on SAP´s own or other innovative technologies to run our global business.
IESO is responsible for the complete life cycle management (building, maintaining and operating) of the internal end to end hybrid solutions and business systems landscapes, balancing innovations and stable operations. With our highly motivated international teams, we drive and execute all required activities based on an end-to-end approach and facilitate all functions like design, build-up, operation, and maintenance of those landscapes.
The implementation of latest technologies like S/4HANA and SAP´s BTP Cloud products is the foundation of SAP´s digital transformation. We closely work together with the development teams at SAP on a variety of Co-Innovation projects and act as SAP´s first customer in support of the SAP Runs SAP initiative.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
You want to be part of SAP journey to deliver the Intelligent Enterprise? You are the right person to join and strengthen our global team. We are looking for an versatile SAP Technology Consultant with very good project management (Agile) and strong SAP NetWeaver, Cloud Architecture, DevSecOps, and Cybersecurity skills.
You, as Solution Owner, will be responsible for the technical end to end operations of SAP internal solutions/ System landscapes as well as the integration with different IaaS, SaaS and PaaS solutions during the whole service lifecycle. This, in close collaboration with our stakeholders and teams (interface between the LoBs, the application and the Infrastructure units), you will work as technical consultant and you will be involved with SAP’s newest technologies.
Are you eager to learn and to grow in a challenging work environment and you do not fear new technologies? Then you are the right candidate for us!
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Solid know-how supporting SAP Systems technical implementations and upgrades (NW “ABAP and JAVA stacks” and Non-NW services and solutions running on Cloud and On-premises.
- Solid know-how on SAP systems daily technical operation/administration.
- Plan, coordinate and execute maintenance scheduled for business system landscapes in alignment with the respective responsible business and technical teams.
- Solid know-how on implementing and operating High Availability Solutions for NetWeaver or HANA systems like Pacemaker, Microsoft Clusters, HANA HSR, etc.
- Experience in ABAP/Non-ABAP areas and monitoring with SAP Solution Manager/Focused Run.
- Experience on automation tasks with SAP Landscape Management.
- Ability to perform SAP Systems performance Analysis and Troubleshooting.
- Good knowledge in certificate management for the SAP NetWeaver and HANA environment.
- Capacity to continuously acquire new knowledge in an independent, proactive way- Including new technologies as Mobility, HANA, Fiori, SCP/BTP, Cloud Connector and any other part of the SAP technology ecosystem.
- Good analytical and solution-oriented thinking.
- Very good communication and networking skills.
- Collaborate with all required stakeholders inside and outside of IT Services (e.g. LoB customers, IT Operations, Application Services, IT Technology Services, Multi-Cloud CoEs, Cloud Infrastructure Services) to operate SAP´s system landscapes.
- Drive co-innovation with SAP´s development teams to integrate latest technologies in your landscapes.
- Be part of a highly motivated international team with colleagues in China, India, Germany, US and Mexico.
- Monitor and propose/execute actions to comply on OLAs and SLAs.
- Contribute/lead/consult internal projects and internal customers.
- Knowledge and experience on the Agile framework SAFe.
- Knowledge on ITIL framework.
- Be able to setup and manage small and mid-size projects.
- Be able to lead small and mid-size teams.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Professional education or study in Information Technology, Natural Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience as Technical SAP NetWeaver Consultant or administrator.
- Working knowledge in UNIX/Linux and Windows operating system platforms.
- Working knowledge in RDBMS such as HANA, ASE and MSSQL.
- Good overview about newest IT Technologies and SAP´s software solutions.
- Good knowledge and/or experience in Cloud Native technologies such as Containerization, and Kubernetes.
- Good knowledge and/or experience in automation tools such as LaMa, Jenkins, and programming languages.
- Good IT infrastructure knowledge (hardware, network, file system, monitoring and backup tools).
- Strong consultant and operational background in IaaS, SaaS, PaaS solutions like MS Azure, SAP Cloud Platform/Business Technology Platform, Architecture, Data Interfaces and Cybersecurity.
- Good knowledge and/or experience with the NIST Cyber Security Framework.
- Project management skills in Agile environments.
- Analytical skills and conceptual thinking.
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills.
- Strong collaboration and multi-cultural skills - Team player.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English.
- 3+ years in Hands-on working experience with some or all of the SAP Ecosystem products, including NetWeaver, S/4 HANA (Cloud and On-Prem) and SAP Business Suite solutions (ERP, ECC, BW, PI/PO), BTP Services and solutions.
- Experience of working within global teams and different time-zones/cultures.
Monterrey / México
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 383080 | Work Area: Information Technology | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Job Segment: Cloud, Cyber Security, SAP, ERP, Operations Manager, Technology, Security, Operations