Senior DevOps Engineer
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
Senior DevOps Engineer
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
IE BS Maintain Deal Solutions is responsible for the implementation and operation of one of SAP’s own commercial Order Management platforms. We are searching for an IT professional with desire to build up experience in the high-volume Order Management environment and deliver best-in-class IT solutions for our pay-per-use business. Finally, bring your energy and passion and we will give you the tools to develop your knowledge and grow!
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be part of an agile team that will:
- Establish a trusted partnership with our internal business and technical counterparts and act as “ONE TEAM” from portfolio to delivery and then operation.
- Drive continuous improvement of IT Solution and Service quality with focus on stability, usability, maintainability, and customer satisfaction.
- Automate as well as drive innovation and early adoption of new methods, technologies, and solutions in close cooperation with Product Development as well as other innovative teams.
- Develop skill and competency on latest business models, solutions, and technologies.
Role and Responsibility:
We seek people with distinctive academic credentials, strategic thinking, superior problem-solving skills, and a strong professional record of accomplishment of results. In addition, we place high value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, tenacity, high-energy and self-confidence. Desired skills are:
- Academic degree in Information Technology or Software Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Proficient in agile software development leveraging continuous testing, continuous integration, and potentially continuous deployment automation.
- Experience in acceptance test driven development as well as data driven testing for mass data processing API’s a real plus.
- Proficient in one or more object-oriented programming language such as Java, Python or SAP ABAP
- Applied DevOps toolsets (e.g., GitHub, Jenkins, Jira) integrated with test tools (e.g., JMeter or JUnit) a must.
- CI/CD frameworks
- Knowledge and deep understanding of analytics tools
- Interacted with developers to drive disciplined and structured programming methods with a focus on programming for change rather than for perfection.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills in the English language
- Ability to work in an international, virtual team and act as “team player.”
- Interaction and contribution to agile software engineering forums and communities shows initiative.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 386233 | Work Area: Information Technology | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Bucharest, RO, 0030144
Job Segment: Test Engineer, ERP, Testing, SAP, Cloud, Engineering, Technology