Senior AI Data Engineer (f/m/d) for SAP S/4HANA Domain
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
Senior AI Data Engineer (f/m/d) for SAP S/4HANA Domain
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
What you`ll do
At SAP, we amplify the strength of AI technology, fusing it with our robust industry-focused data and profound process knowledge. Our vision is to infuse every SAP application with sophisticated AI capabilities, revolutionizing the way businesses operate. Large Language Models (LLMs) hold immense potential to change the way we work and develop products. They are reshaping the landscape of Machine Learning across various domains. However, their limited ability to leverage tabular data leaves a considerable share of enterprise data untapped. It is SAP's mission to overcome this challenge within the realm of Business AI. Our goal is to adapt Foundation Models to SAP data, enabling our clients to solve their business processes more effectively.
• Unique opportunity to contribute to the development of a Foundation Model on structured business data as well as to our Knowledge Graph covering SAP domain knowledge and providing grounding to LLM applications (e.g. Joule)
• Lead the infusion of S/4HANA data, metadata, and other development artifacts into our Knowledge Graph and Foundation Model
• In close partnership with LoB domain experts from the S/4HANA development organization, understand and interpret SAP S/4HANA data, metadata, and other development artifacts
• Extract relevant information from SAP S/4HANA for further processing and enrichment of our large-scale Knowledge Graph serving the Foundation Model and LLM use cases
• Guide and inspire the Foundation Model and Knowledge Graph team with your knowledge of SAP S/4HANA
• Guide junior project members and shape collaborations with stakeholders
• Make critical design decisions regarding the selection and implementation of underlying technologies
• Contribute to thought leadership in an entirely new approach towards generative AI, using the combination of Knowledge Graphs and Foundation Models
What you bring
• PhD or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, or other relevant disciplines
• 5+ years of related professional experience
• Deep generic understanding of SAP S/4HANA backend and data model (e.g., VDM, CDS Views, RAP, OData)
• Proficiency in Python as well as good understanding of ABAP and Data Dictionary
• Strong communication, collaboration and leadership skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-cultural teams
• Hands-on knowledge in cloud stack (AWS, GCP, Azure), object stores, SQL databases is a big plus
• Experience with data modelling, Machine Learning and/or Knowledge Graph technologies (e.g., RDF, SPARQL) is a plus
Meet your team
SAP's AI organization is dedicated to seamlessly infusing AI into all enterprise applications, enabling customers, partners, and developers to enhance business processes and generate remarkable business value. Join our international AI team where innovation thrives, opportunities for personal development abound, and exceptional colleagues collaborate globally.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
Requisition ID: 387293 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Berlin | #LI-Hybrid
Berlin, DE, 10557
Job Segment: ERP, Cloud, SAP, Computer Science, Data Modeler, Technology, Data