Product Support Engineer - UI & Infrastructure Platforms
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
Product Support Engineer - UI & Infrastructure Platforms
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
What you’ll do:
The Support Engineer is accountable for troubleshooting & driving the resolution of product issues while engaging with all levels in the Support Organization, Development & Operations teams and ensuring consistent up-to-date communication with customers.
Detailed Roles & Responsibilities:
1) Incident Solving
- Resolve known errors by means of SAP Notes, Knowledge Base articles, info docs derived from solved customer incidents, documentation, WIKI, or verifying customized entries or hardware parameters
- Perform root cause analysis and provide solutions
- Achieve a good level of customer satisfaction
- Ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements within Support contracts (SLAs)
- Attend e-Learning Lessons, Remote Learning Sessions, Classroom Training and Coaching
- Share and document knowledge through creation of WIKI entries and Knowledge Base articles
2) Additional Tasks
- Participate in weekend support
- Support critical customer issues as part of 24x7 support model
- Coverage of real time channels to support our customers
- Report errors to development organizations
- Participate in Knowledge Management (WIKI content, Knowledge Base Articles)
- Open and flexible to work daily or late shift
3) Support Without Incidents
- Participate in projects aimed at achieving the organizational vision.
- Engage with local and global teams in innovative ideas and promoting collaboration across the unit to provide excellence in support services to customers
- Get certified in Classroom Training or e-Learning Lessons regarding processes that support ticket resolution
What’s in it for you:
- Meet, work and talk with colleagues and customers from all around the world!
- Master SAP software that is being used by industries, governments and multinational companies around the globe.
- Be part of a small, tight-knit team of professionals
- Working collaboratively to provide solutions to customers.
- Learn new skills and technologies that will open paths to many new possible careers. The learning never ends – you are expected to continuously learn and up-skill during your time here.
- Get involved with SAP’s active Community and experience what it is like to be early talent at one of the biggest software companies in the world.
- Get the small startup feel with big enterprise backing.
- Innovate and create new tools that will help SAP run simple. Anything you can think of to make the business run better will get SAP support.
- Join the global SAP Family and become an ambassador for the Support Organization.
What you bring:
- You are currently a SAP intern
- Engineering Bachelor’s degree or Computer science and similar, but also open to candidates with other backgrounds
- Good experience in a customer support environment, SaaS experience a plus
- Advanced/fluent English communication - writing and speaking skills.
- Time Management: we’re a very busy team, and managing time is a key pillar to ensure collaboration to global queue and great customer experience.
- Growth mindset: we all have successes, as much as we have mistakes. The most important piece is to come prepared to grow through those scenarios and share with us how you overcome challenging situations to bring successful results.
- Communication: being a person that truly enjoys being in touch with customers and stakeholders to provide best support experience possible to customers.
- Collaboration: in our team, working in collaboration is what makes us succeed through the challenges. Collab is essential for the team growth, networking growth and reputation in the ecosystem we maintain relationships that support our work to deliver successful support experiences to customers.
- Resilience: if life gives you lemons, make a lemonade! We’re looking for people who is resilient in challenging times, and clearly understands that feedbacks should always be accompanied of proposals on how to solve.
- Analytical thinking and solution oriented: troubleshooting is a form of art. If you consider yourself a curious person, with critical analytical skills sharpened, this is the place to be! Also, we’re looking for people that carries the DNA of daily ticket handling.
- Awareness about cloud system architecture
- A good understanding about UI technologies
- A good understanding of SQL and its troubleshooting
- Knowledge of operating systems (Unix/Windows)
- Knowledge of networking infrastructure is a plus
- ABAP debugging skills are a plus
- Experience with SAP Products would be a benefit.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 387110 | Work Area: Customer Service and Support | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Graduate | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
São Leopoldo, BR, 93022-718
Job Segment: ERP, Cloud, Computer Science, SAP, ABAP, Technology