DevOps Engineer (SRE) - Business Technology Platform
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
DevOps Engineer (SRE) - Business Technology Platform
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
We are the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) organization within BTP (Business Technology Platform) which plays a crucial role in SAP long term strategy. Site Reliability Engineering as part of the development organization, provides 24x7 deep technical coverage for Incident Management (Outages and other incidents with major customer impact) and builds automation for large-scale systems. We share a Live Site First culture and care for the business continuity of our customers running mission critical applications in the Cloud. Anyone who joined us said they had never learned so much in one year before.
As we continue to grow and scale, we're seeking talented Site Reliability Engineers to join our dynamic team. We have senior and medior positions too.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will have the opportunity to operate and support business critical cloud services. As part of your daily job, you will proactively monitor the service behavior and identify areas for improvement. You will participate in the development of tools for monitoring and troubleshooting cloud services following SRE principles.
- To work with some of the best professionals in the business. Our team members drive many initiatives within SAP.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable and reliable solutions. A few technologies we use:
- Kubernetes (Gardener and Google Kubernetes Engine)
- Istio service mesh
- AWS, Azure, GCP, SAP Converged Cloud
- Terraform, Argo CD and Jenkins
- Implement automation tools and processes to streamline operations and improve efficiency.
- Monitor system performance and troubleshoot issues to ensure maximum uptime and availability.
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to deploy and operate applications seamlessly.
- Continuously evaluate and optimize systems for performance, scalability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Act as technical expert during Live Site incidents, Drive root cause analysis and follow-up improvements to prevent issues from reoccurring.
- Learn new technologies, industry trends and keep up to date with latest development increments and competitor landscape.
- Participate in the on-call rotation (follow the sun approach). On-call has a special compensation package.
If you are interested in software engineering based on cutting-edge technology, you will find an inspiring and professional environment for your learning and growth. We emphasize teamwork and a trust-based working model. Collaboration with other teams in an international environment will be a regular part of your work.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Required skills and competencies
- Good understanding of modern cloud architectures (experience with Cloud Platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Converged Cloud are a plus)
- Enthusiasm for automation - make the computers do the work for you
- Working efficiently in emergency situations. Affinity to quickly analyze and solve problems in a worldwide team setup
- Excellent team player, passionate about his/her work, self-motivated and driven
- Fluency in English
Minimum 1 year professional experience in at least two of the following areas and good knowledge of the rest
- Experience with one programming language (e.g. Python, Go, Terraform, Java, C#) and experience with Git/Github
- Scripting and automation
- Kubernetes (K8S) and Unix/Linux operating system
- Experience with modern monitoring, logging and alerting tools (Prometheus, Elasticsearch) is a plus
- Database (e.g. PostgreSQL) Administration and support
Experience with any of the following is considered an advantage
- Network architecture, e.g., TCP/IP, MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers and load balancing
If you are interested in this position and would like to join our team, you can apply even if you don’t meet all the qualifications listed in the job posting. You may be offered a position according to your current working experience and expertise
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 387730 | Work Area: Software-Development Operations | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Budapest, HU, 1031
Job Segment: Cloud, ERP, SAP, Software Engineer, Database, Technology, Engineering