SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
As a DevOps Engineer in the SAP Cloud Platform Validation and Staging Services Team you will have the opportunity to operate, support and tackle complex problems, analyze performance issues, proactively monitor the Continuous Delivery pipeline behavior, and identify areas for improvement, develop tools for monitoring and troubleshooting cloud services built on latest open source and SAP technologies.
- Monitor and perform in-depth troubleshooting (reading system logs and etc.) to identify and solve complex issues in the Continuous Delivery pipelines, validation jobs and etc.
- Monitor and improve Continuous Delivery infrastructure design for speed, scalability, and reliability leveraging innovative solutions from the DevOps area
- Maintain Continuous Delivery infrastructure setup and configuration as code; strive for full automation on all levels
- Develop and improve the Continuous Delivery infrastructure by extending existing features Participate in the validation of SAP Cloud Platform; propose code changes and improvements in the automation and tools involved in the process
- Strive for continuously improving the provided services through active development dialog and engagement of the service teams
- Work with the development teams to help them setup development landscapes.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Affinity to quickly analyze and solve problems in a worldwide team setup.
- Strong understanding of modern cloud architectures.
- 2 years of experience working with Linux/Unix systems.
- Fanaticism about automation—make the computers do the work for you.
- 2 years of experience with network architecture, e.g. TCP/IP, MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers and load balancing.
- Excellent communication skills – precise, based on facts.
- Experience with programming and scripting languages, Source Control Management, Build and delivery infrastructure
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, willing and able to quickly learn and explore new concepts and technologies
- Excellent team player, with strong communication skills, passionate about his/her work, self-motivated and driven
- Fluency in English
- Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Good Knowledge of Java, Go, Shell scripts, REST and proven programing experience.
- 2 years of experience operating / developing systems in the cloud.
- Expertise building and integrating continuous delivery systems
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems and network architectures.
- Experience working in a multicultural, international team setup
- Experience in production service troubleshooting.
- Experience with Agile and Continuous Delivery methodologies
- Experience with any of Terraform, Docker, Concourse CI, Jenkins, Bosh, Cloud Foundry, AWS, OpenStack, GCP, Azure is an advantage
Meet your team
We have established a DevOps Team in our organization that proactively drives the stability and continuous improvement of the Continuous Delivery pipeline for SAP Cloud Platform and actively participates in problem investigations. With broad technical knowledge about the infrastructure, the services and the platform, the DevOps Engineers can solve incidents, drive and implement automation and develop central tools.
The mission of the team is to provide stable high-quality Continuous Delivery infrastructure and service automation for SAP Cloud Platform developers and drive improvements that increase the developer efficiency and enhance the quality and reliability of the platform.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 386071 | Work Area: Software-Development Operations | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Sofia, BG, 1407
Job Segment: Cloud, ERP, Manufacturing Engineer, Open Source, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering