Senior DevOps Engineer
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
Senior DevOps Engineer
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Now Cloud Foundry has reached to a new era, where it aims to reach higher levels of portability and community adoption. The team designs, maintains and operates Diego and the container networking services comprising the Cloud Foundry Application Runtime with a deep focus over stability, security and performance. Furthermore, care is taken to integrate the aforementioned open-source components into Business Technology Platform. We are working diligently to ensure that the largest productive Cloud Foundry environments across the Globe continue to be highly available and scalable.
What are we looking for?
• Fast learner and open-minded specialist
• Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
• Team player, passionate about his/her work, self-motivated and driven
• Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
• English fluency is a must, and ideally you speak fluent Bulgarian too
Required skills and competencies
• Good understanding of modern cloud architectures
• Experience with debugging, finding, analyzing, and solving problems efficiently
• Enthusiasm for automation - make the computers do the work for you
• Experience in CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Concourse
• Experience in source control systems
• Experience in monitoring, logging tools: ELK, RIG
• Excellent communication skills - precise, based on facts
• Experience working in an Agile environment
Professional experience in at least 3 of the following areas and good knowledge for the rest
• Strong knowledge of at least one programming language, preferably Golang, Python, Ruby, Bash
• Unix/Linux and systems programming
• Networking - OSI, protocols (like TCP, HTTP, SSH and DNS), iptables, traffic controller, load balancing
• Distributed systems - asynchronous API-based microservices, microservice composition patterns, data consistency, API gateways, service registration and discovery
• Security - asymmetric encryption, certificates, mTLS, oAuth2, firewalls
• Database - relational schema design, normal forms, search query optimizations, administration (preferably in PostgreSQL)
• Day-2 operations
Experience with any of the following is considered an advantage
• Test first development
• Pair programming
• Experience with AWS, Azure, GCP or AliCloud
• Cloud technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes and Heroku
• 12 factors
• Working in a multicultural, worldwide team setup
5+ years of experience in the areas of software development, support and/or operations
What’s in for you?
• Work with and learn from world-class engineers from some of the most innovative companies
• Learn and apply contemporary design and development techniques like Test-Driven Development and 12 factor principles
• Learn different technologies and languages like Containerization, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Concourse, Cloud Foundry Internals and many others
• Make real friends around the many development locations of the Cloud Foundry Foundation members
• Develop software of the future
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 386379 | Work Area: Software-Development Operations | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Sofia, BG, 1407
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Cloud, Testing, ERP, Open Source, Engineering, Technology