Gen AI, Pro-Code Tools, and IDE Developer (f/m/d)
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
Gen AI, Pro-Code Tools, and IDE Developer (f/m/d)
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
What you’ll do
As a Gen AI, Pro-Code Tools, and IDE Developer you will be part of our team that plays a pivotal role in the ongoing evolution of business software development. You will help evolving the IDEs and tools used for building business software with ABAP.
Join our teams with the following tasks:
- Integrate generative AI capabilities into the universe of ABAP development, profoundly changing the way developers create business software.
- Support our customers in their transition to cloud-based solutions by providing AI powered tools to migrate legacy code - particularly custom ABAP code - into a cloud environment.
- Build frameworks to ensure broader usage of our tools, especially as a basis for integrating AI capabilities.
- Follow emerging trends and technologies, particularly in AI, pro-code tools, and evolution of IDEs, and use this knowledge to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure a high-quality build and delivery process of our IDE products (using tools like Jenkins, git/Gerrit and Maven) .
ABAP is the foundation of our success. If you are passionate about making a significant impact on the world of business software development, this position offers a chance to contribute your expertise to SAP’s core components. Your contributions will influence the future of AI Pro-Code offerings for ABAP, enabling changes that support businesses around the world. If you are ready to be part of the future, take a seat in our rocket ship.
What you bring
You should have a sound technical background with a university degree in a technical discipline or equivalent. Being familiar with at least one modern programming language is a must as is fluency in German and English. Additionally, you should bring experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Solid knowledge of generative AI, Pro-Code Tools, and Integrated Development Environments (IDEs), whether through education or personal projects.
- Exposure to cloud technologies and migrations, ideally through academic projects or internships.
- The ability to understand complex technical concepts as well as excellent problem-solving skills.
- Agile development methodologies and tools.
In addition to the technical skills, we are looking for candidates who are:
- A team player: You thrive in a collaborative environment, and you know that great results come from effective teamwork.
- Passionate about innovation: You have demonstrated interest in cutting-edge technologies and concepts, and you are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Quality-conscious: You wish to contribute to high-quality results, and you are excited about building market-ready solutions.
- Loyal and honest: You have a sense of integrity and respect towards your work, colleagues, and the organization.
Our focus is on hiring developers who are at the start of their journey but are filled with potential. If you are ready to use your skills and passion to shape the future of software development, we look forward to your application!
Meet your team
Welcome to the ABAP Developer Tools unit, providing the ABAP tools used globally to build mission critical business software. AI-supported ABAP development holds enormous potential for SAP, as well as for our customers and partners.
Our mission extends to a broad spectrum of developer tools; our IDE offerings, such as ADT for Eclipse, play an integral role in our PaaS offering SAP BTP ABAP Environment as well as SAP S/4HANA in all versions. Our Custom Code Migration Tools and General AI initiatives are critical to the RISE program and thus pivotal in SAP's overall strategic thrust.
Being part of our multinational and highly diverse team is about forging a brave new world of development. The work we do here is the window to the enterprise application space worldwide. Our working environment champions innovation, learning, and collaboration; it fosters open communication, and emphasizes the value of everyone's input.
We believe that by encouraging curiosity and continual growth, we create an environment where you can make a genuine impact. We promise to provide you an excellent onboarding, as well as continuous learning and mentoring opportunities. We are not just embracing the future - we are creating it. Let us build this future together.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
Requisition ID: 387899 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Graduate | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid
Walldorf, DE, 69190
Job Segment: Cloud, ERP, Developer, SAP, ABAP, Technology