(Senior) DevOps Engineer for Business Technology Platform
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
(Senior) DevOps Engineer for Business Technology Platform
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for infrastructure bootstrapping topics in Cloud Foundry environment (BOSH and K8s-based) for the Business Technology Platform
- Implement IaaS services and features to meet our clients’ needs
- Implement improvements in the already existing infrastructure components (proprietary, load balancers, routing services, jump hosts, etc.) with focus on availability, reliability, scalability, and security
- Troubleshoot and efficiently resolve incidents related to infrastructure components
- Work with and manage specifics in the offerings of different IaaS providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, Alibaba) or open-source alternatives like OpenStack
- Focus on sustainable, fully automated solutions with high-quality
- Develop and improve the Continuous Delivery infrastructure based on Jenkins, Concourse, and GitHub
- Implement and support system-wide observability capabilities
- Deploy and utilize monitoring tools like Grafana, Dynatrace, Prometheus, etc.
- Discover and push environment limits by defining and using metrics-driven alerts
- Collaborate and communicate with different teams across different organizations and global locations
What you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree. Alternatively, a high school diploma in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related subject
- Strong understanding of modern cloud architectures
- 3 years of experience working with Linux/Unix-based systems
- Networking knowledge (TCP/IP protocols, DNS, OSI model, routing, load balancing, CDN, etc.)
- Experience coding in at least one of the following – shell scripting (bash), Python, Ruby, Go
- Experience with source control management (git), build and delivery infrastructure
- CI/CD best practices, automation environments, IaC (Infrastructure as Code) concepts and tools knowledge like Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps, Terraform, Vault, etc. (knowledge and experience with Concourse is a plus)
- Monitoring and logging with Grafana, Elastic stack
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willing and able to quickly learn and explore new concepts and technologies
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills (mail, phone and face-to-face)
- Team player passionate about own’s work and impact, self-starter who contributes to a positive atmosphere in the team
- Looking for opportunities when faced with changes in environment and technologies
- Responsible, respectful, and open-minded
Meet your team
We are an organization of enablers, who provide the lowest foundational layer for the SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP) in a reliable, secure, silent, scalable, and future-proof way for application teams and partners to create fast and efficient business value for customers.
Our team looks after The root of the platform – the cloud infrastructure for Cloud Foundry environment(s) on all major IaaS providers – AWS, GCP, Azure, Alibaba, and our SAP internal offering based on OpenStack.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 386061 | Work Area: Software-Development Operations | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Sofia, BG, 1407
Job Segment: Cloud, Manufacturing Engineer, ERP, Open Source, SAP, Technology, Engineering