Scoutbee's AI-powered Supplier Intelligence and Discovery platform is leading the digital procurement (r)evolution. We believe we need a more sustainable economy that works for both people and the planet. Our mission is to drive this transformation by providing companies with better data, enabling them to make better decisions, and contribute to creating a better world.
To help us continue to build great products, we are searching for a passionate Backend Engineer to join our engineering team in our Berlin office. Who acts as lead facilitator for the technological design, implementation and continuity of our system architecture.
In this high-impact role, you will be working on the backend software of our core product.
Key Technologies we are working with:
- Python, FastAPI, and Django
- Postgres, GraphQL, Elasticsearch
- Github, AWS, Datadog, Kubernetes, ArgoCD
Your role in our hive
- Developing and Deploying High-Performance Back-End Solutions: Lead the development of backend implementation decisions with large systems, while ensuring the scalability of applications for concurrent usage.
- Analytical and eye for detail Approach: You have a keen understanding of data structures and algorithms to optimize runtime performance and optimize code for long-term maintainability.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Partner with existing technical and business leadership to drive constant improvements in engineering processes and strategy while holding a strategic perspective, while sharing architecture knowledge, learnings and best practices with your team
- Design of Data Storage Solutions: Structure and define database schemas to optimize storage of data. Configure relational and nonrelational databases for performance, scalability, and reliability. Analyze and transform datasets for optimal storage.
- API Design and Development: Designing and implementing server API endpoints. Building and maintaining public-facing APIs to power web and mobile applications. Creating clean and maintainable API code.
- Debugging and Troubleshooting: Investigating and testing code for performance issues.
What you bring to our beehive
- 3+ years of experience as backend engineer and/or system architect
- Solid experience working with ElasticSearch or alternative search engines
- Experience refactoring large codebases
- Best backend practices in patterns, architecture styles, performance, monitoring
- Demonstrable experience where your technical leadership has been instrumental to deliver successful projects
- Solid understanding of core engineering concepts: testing, documentation, source control, code review, etc.
- Experience building web applications or server-side software
- Worked with web standards and in larger teams before
- You’re capable of prioritizing tasks, and avoid getting caught up in unimportant details
What's in it for you?
- Work with a team that is on a mission to revolutionize digital procurement - for better data, better decisions and a better world
- Contribute your ideas and work on challenging projects that will impact the future of modern procurement
- Virtual Stock Option Program for all employees, because ownership at all levels matters
- Development budget and growth paths for your individual learning journey
- Hybrid working model with flexibility for remote work and onsite collaboration
- Benefits supporting your health and wellbeing (Urban Sports Club, Counseling through Better Help, company organized sports activities)
- Kindergarten grant, with priority selection for Kita in our Berlin building (right across the hall!)
- Unlimited access to German and English language courses via Lingoda, adapted to your level and availability
Worried that you don’t quite tick all the boxes? Don’t sweat it. For us, personality and willingness to grow and learn are more important than qualifications. We’re aware that underestimation of one’s own abilities or imposter syndrome can be reasons why someone doesn’t apply. We say that not knowing it all can actually be a good thing and that we’re more than happy to support – and learn from – our new employees while they find their feet at Scoutbee.
We'd love to hear from you!
Scoutbee is an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnic background, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Scoutbee, we’re on a mission to connect. Our employees focus on shared experiences so they can be a united team. Through this, we have a more accurate view of the world, enabling us to innovate, challenge our own ideas and assumptions, and be ourselves at work.