Senior Principal Cloud Architect
Software AG simplifies the connected world. Founded in 1969 it helps deliver the experiences that employees, partners and customers now expect. Its technology creates the digital backbone that integrates applications, devices, data and clouds; empowers streamlined processes; and connects “things” like sensors, devices and machines. It helps 10,000+ organizations to become a truly connected enterprise and make smarter decisions, faster.
Our story goes beyond technology. We put people first – employees, customers, and partners. We build strong teams and cultivate relationships that last. We provide incomparable products, solutions, services, and technical excellence for our customers. We are a team of over 5,000 colleagues across 70+ countries who value inclusion, integrity, and innovation. Our size means everyone has an impact and every voice is valued. We are big enough to compete and small enough to care.
Be you, join us.
Location – preferably Reston, VA - anywhere in USA.
The role Principal Cloud Architect within the Software AG API, Integration and Microservices business unit will be responsible for providing cloud native platform expertise, solution analysis and design, delivering the technical strategy to the webMethods organization.
As a part of the research and development organization reporting to the webMethods senior management leadership team, you will serve as a technical thought leader and SME for our public cloud ecosystem of partners, customers, and service providers. This key role involves the planning, analysis, design, testing methodology, and CI/CD deploy of the enterprise-scale cloud IaaS and webMethods.io iPaaS. You will be a technical subject matter expert focused on next generation Hybrid Integration both cloud and on-premises infrastructure systems. You will apply your technical expertise in cloud offerings to develop innovative solutions for our customers. You will develop relationships with key customer stakeholders and help them achieve their business goals.
- Innovate by leveraging cloud native architecture to deliver the next generation of products and services, considering best practices and industry standards.
- Define migration strategies to drive digital transformation initiatives at enterprise scale.
- Lead technical discussions with senior executives that drive decisions and implementation approaches.
- Review and manage technical requirements and business functional requirements to internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads the discussion across architects to decide the strategies for adopting industry standard best practices into designs.
- Leads API strategies, Deployment Strategies, adoption of modern cloud native architecture patterns.
- Leads the designs and proposals for meeting benchmarked performance for applications.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement by identifying opportunities for improvement and organize efforts/team members needed to address the areas of improvement.
- Remain current on industry best practices and emerging technologies.
- 10+ years of proven experience in enterprise product development in the high-tech industry with 5+ years focus on cloud native architecture.
- Knowledge of enterprise infrastructure solutions, on-premises hosting platforms and data center storage and networking.
- Certification in AWS, Azure and GCP infrastructure is desired.
- Experience with Kubernetes,Knative HELM, ARGO CD, Terraform, AWS EKS, AZURE AKS, EFK, MongoDB, Elastic Search
- Experience with OSGi, Java, Node.js, OCI Containers
- Knowledge of GDPR, SOC II, ISO 27001, 27017,27018, HIPPA,PCIDSS
- Knowledge of OpenAPI 3.0, SAML, XML, EDI,AS2/AS4 REST, gRPC
- Expertise with DevOps concepts and associated tools and pipeline processes.
- Experience with cost optimization for the cloud Infrastructure and ensuring optimum utilization of cloud resources use System Reliability Engineering principals
What’s in it for you?
- Earn competitive total compensation and receive comprehensive country-specific medical and other benefits.
- Set yourself up for success in your new role by upgrading your home office space using your one-time hybrid work payment.
- Prioritize yourself during our monthly Meeting Free Mondays by participating in our instructor-led or self-paced learning opportunities to help you reach your career goals.
- Lean on the Employee Assistance Program for support during some of life’s most common but difficult challenges.
At Software AG we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and fairness where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, compensate, develop, promote, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
It is the policy of the Company that employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications, and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of an applicant’s or Employee’s age, race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, protected veteran status and other protected classifications. In addition, it is Company policy to provide an environment that is free of unlawful harassment of any kind, including that which is sexual, age-related, or ethnic. This policy governs all aspects of employment, promotion, assignment, discharge, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Software AG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. It is the policy of the Company that employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications, and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of an applicant’s or Employee’s age, race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, protected veteran status and other protected classifications. In addition, it is Company policy to provide an environment that is free of unlawful harassment of any kind, including that which is sexual, age-related, or ethnic. This policy governs all aspects of employment, promotion, assignment, discharge, and other terms and conditions of employment.