Senior Technical Consultant with German (DevOps & Cloud)
Software AG simplifies the connected world. Founded in 1969 it helps deliver the experiences that employees, partners and customers now expect. Its technology creates the digital backbone that integrates applications, devices, data and clouds; empowers streamlined processes; and connects “things” like sensors, devices and machines. It helps 10,000+ organizations to become a truly connected enterprise and make smarter decisions, faster.
Our story goes beyond technology. We put people first – employees, customers, and partners. We build strong teams and cultivate relationships that last. We provide incomparable products, solutions, services, and technical excellence for our customers. We are a team of over 5,000 colleagues across 70+ countries who value inclusion, integrity, and innovation. Our size means everyone has an impact and every voice is valued. We are big enough to compete and small enough to care.
Be you, join us.
The Senior Technical Consultant with focus on DevOps & Cloud is responsible for advising Software AG’s customer on their usage of Adabas & Natural products, for identifying potential for improvement and for installing & updating the products.
- Conception and modelling of complex system and application architectures for customer-specific requirements based on Software AG's Adabas & Natural product suite
- Consulting customers on transaction architectures
- Carrying out architecture reviews and health checks
- Design and conception of development environments
- Consulting on the integration and modernization of mainframe-based Adabas & Natural applications, the introduction of DevOps and cloud-based solutions
- Preparing cost estimates and support of sales colleagues during the acquisition phase
- Technical project management and coordination
- Carrying out workshops for customers
- Coaching the customers’ IT department and the specialist department
- Installing Adabas & Natural products at the customer' Linux- Windows premises / Cloud (including new versions and patches) and advising customers on the operation of their systems and applications in the Adabas & Natural product suite throughout the entire life cycle.
- Several years of experience in a technical consulting role and in leading complex projects
- Long-standing experience with relational databases
- Track record of successfully installing and updating database products and moving them to the cloud
- Extensive understanding of relational databases, Linux / Windows Operating System and Linux Shell Scripting
- Ability to understand complex Adabas & Natural installations and to identify room for improvement in usage and technology
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Ability to convincingly present findings and recommendations to various roles at customers
- Strong consulting skills
- Collaborative team player
- Very good communication skills in German and English language (written and verbal)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
What’s in it for you?
- Earn competitive total compensation and receive comprehensive country-specific medical and other benefits.
- Enjoy time and location flexibility with our Hybrid Working Model, which allows a remote workshare of up to 60%. Work anywhere in your country or abroad for up to 10 days per year.
- Set yourself up for success in your new role by upgrading your home office space using your one-time hybrid work payment.
- Lean on the Employee Assistance Program for support during some of life’s most common but difficult challenges.
At Software AG we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and fairness where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, compensate, develop, promote, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.