Senior Software Developer* for Mainframe BS2000 Assembler
Locations in Germany: Darmstadt, Cologne, Duesseldorf, Hamburg, Leipzig, Marburg, Berlin, Munich, Nuremberg, Saarbruecken, Stuttgart
Software AG customers around the world have developed business-critical enterprise applications based on Adabas (DBMS) and Natural (Programming Language) to run their core business transactions and processes, e.g., large financial enterprises, government organizations, retailers, and others. Contributing to our long-term customer strategy Adabas & Natural 2050+ to modernize and move core applications into the future.
Join one of the largest software companies in Germany. We offer you a working environment with international development teams, flat hierarchies, and the opportunity to take on responsibility.
Natural products enable organizations to develop their applications quickly and efficiently. With Natural, our customers can access their critical - for example, in our Adabas database system – with high performance. This makes Natural a key building block in companies’ mission-critical IT systems.
For one of our locations in Germany, we are looking for a Senior Software Developer* for Mainframe BS2000 Assembler.
You are passionate about software integration. You build bridges between server software and any client application. If you are at home in the world of middleware, this role is the challenge for you.
- Usage of advanced skills in Mainframe BS2000 Assembler programming and some skills in C programming to develop, test, and maintain critical software applications.
- Investigate and resolve software defects, ensuring high-quality deliverables and a robust software environment.
- Analyze and optimize existing BS2000 Assembler code to improve performance, efficiency and reliability.
- Create and maintain detailed technical documentation for all software development activities, including design specifications, code documentation, and testing procedures.
- Working in a software development process using lean and agile principles.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Developer with expertise in Mainframe BS2000 Assembler programming.
- In-depth knowledge of mainframe architecture, software development life cycle, and system integration.
- Knowledge of C/C++, preferably also Adabas / Natural is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of JCL
- Understanding of network communications, e.g. TCP/IP
- Experience with integration platforms and middleware solutions is wellcome.
- Passion for elegant, testable and maintainable code and openness to new technologies and methods
- Very good written and spoken English skills, German is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex software issues.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Attractive, performance-related income package
- Remote working options
- Opportunities for professional development
- Pleasant and collegial working atmosphere in a dynamic and collaborative environment
Please submit your detailed application via our online job portal including your possible starting date. Your
application should include a short cover letter, a CV and your references.
Tanja Topal, Manager Recruiting
* m/f/d - Diversity matters!