(Senior) Product Owner (AFC Transaction Monitoring) (d/f/m) at Solaris
Solaris is a tech company with a full German banking license. Our Banking-as-a-Service platform enables businesses to offer their own financial products. With our straightforward APIs, our partners can access and integrate a wide range of solutions such as digital banking, payments, cards, identification and lending services. As a market leader we are driven by bringing transformational change to the financial services industry.
We love what we do and we love our team. We are 700+ people from over 70 nationalities - a unique blend of techies, fintech enthusiasts, bankers and entrepreneurs from various industries. Our routines are built around genuinely valuing and exchanging different perspectives as well as actively sharing knowledge as we drive our business as a team. We believe and invest in personal growth.
Your Future Team
The Team is responsible for our compliance operating system, a crucial system Solaris built and operates to fight fraud. This means we are a team of experts in how payment processing flows in- and out of the bank, and what compliance functions require to most effectively detect fraud and manage cases most effectively. We closely collaborate with domain experts (AML, Regulatory Compliance, Operation) and other teams working in the core-banking domain on daily basis, to make sure that our systems meet the high operational standards solarisBank sets. We are proud to be a tech voice in the heart of the modern bank!
- You own and drive the vision, strategy and priorities for the standalone compliance operating system and define its value proposition in tight collaboration with the engineering and domain experts
- You bring together the interests of a multitude of stakeholders like engineering, operational risk and AML compliance. You negotiate priorities, scope and schedule of all features implemented by your team
- You translate laws and directives into roadmaps and sprints
- You have the opportunity to extend the applications of the system to further domains outside of payments.
- You will interact with Machine Learning continuously along the way
- You are in charge of keeping the backlog prioritized, transparent to all stakeholders and well understood by the development team so they can deliver effectively
- You are part of the solarisBank product team and improve the company’s product process through regular exchange and cooperation
What you should bring along
- You have at least 2 years of experience as a Product Owner / Project Manager or a similar profession in a tech-driven environment
- Experience of managing products or services in the finance-related or AML- or KYC-related sphere is a plus.
- You have a strong interest in how the inside of the bank functions and organizing a smooth collaboration between technology and business
- You are keen to learn. A lot. Your team works on one of the central pieces of a bank, crucial for the success of a company and important and exciting for a vast majority of stakeholders within the company
- You can manage a diverse group of stakeholders and their requirements and interests
- You have a keen interest in enhancing developers' efficiency and like having an enjoyable working environment in a team
- You bring the analytical mindset to crack organizational and processual challenges
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You see yourself as a team player and have knowledge of agile methodologies such as SCRUM and Kanban
- A Bachelor’s degree
- You are fluent in English, ability to read German is a plus
- We have a "remote-friendly" working arrangement
- Home office budget
- Health and development budget
- Transparent framework to support your career goals
- Competitive salary
While job ads usually paint an ideal picture of a candidate, studies show that most applicants meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Unfortunately, many promising candidates tend to apply only if they meet all the criteria. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single item in the job description, please contact us anyway. We'd love to talk with you and find out if you might be a good fit for us.
At Solaris, we are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, ethnicity, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Information on data processing:
To all recruitment agencies: Solaris does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Solaris employees or any other venture in our ecosystem. Solaris is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.