Senior Software Engineer: Authentication and Authorisation
SoundCloud empowers artists and fans to connect and share through music. Founded in 2007, SoundCloud is an artist-first platform empowering artists to build and grow their careers by providing them with the most progressive tools, services, and resources. With over 375 million tracks from 40 million artists, the future of music is SoundCloud.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Authentication and Authorisation team!
As a senior software engineer within the Authentication and Authorisation team, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining robust Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions to safeguard the authenticity, confidentiality, and integrity of SC users.
You have proven backend engineering skills and hands-on experiences with the IAM technologies, and are motivated to work in these areas. You’re a team player, proactive, and have experience collaborating closely with other teams. You enjoy crafting simple solutions to sophisticated engineering problems and can communicate them to product managers. You’re an entrepreneurial thinker but thrive in a tight-knit team. You’re committed to the products you work on.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain identity and access management solutions using Go/Scala
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Solve technical problems with large scope and complexity while you advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
- Design systems capable of handling high load of traffic
- You will be part of the team maintaining systems in production including answering incidents etc.
- Contribute to team and organizational improvements in processes and tooling
- Confidently own moderate to significantly complex features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Continuously learn and share knowledge of industry best practices on IAM-related technologies.
What you need to succeed:
- Many years of experience building identity management systems with hands-on knowledge of OAuth standards.
- Possess extensive knowledge and experience with identity and access management technology, such as single sign-on (SSO), multi-factor authentication, privileged access management, JSON Web Token (JWT) etc.
- Have expert-level experience with one or more programming languages such as Scala, Go
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Care about privacy by design, security, testing, high-performance systems, and mentoring others
- Have extensive expertise in cloud computing and native environments and experience with IAM services such as AWS Cognito, Auth0
- You love music
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops, and enrichment opportunities
- You can contribute to our Engineering Blog
- Not located in Berlin? No worries, we offer extensive relocation support including allowances, one-way flights, temporary accommodation, and by partnering with Expath, on the ground support on arrival
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Professional development allowance
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- We offer free German courses at beginning, intermediate and advanced
- Various snacks, goodies and 2 free lunches weekly at the office!
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us lead what’s next in music by understanding and empowering our creators and fans, no matter their identity. We acknowledge the challenges in the music industry, and strive to influence an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute respectfully and thrive, especially the historically marginalized communities that many of our creators, fans and SoundClouders identify with. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment at SoundCloud for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group. Diversity Resource Groups are employee-organized groups focused on supporting and promoting the interests of a particular underrepresented community in order to build a more inclusive culture at SoundCloud. Anyone can join, whether you share the identity or strive to be an ally.