Senior Backend Engineer
We are looking for Backend Software Engineers to join our API team!
As a Backend Software Engineer, API at SoundCloud, you’ll be helping us build our next-generation API platform for our user experience applications. We are a collaborative, high-impact team that works with large-scale, cloud-based microservices. Come help us build and modernize our platform by adopting newer technologies and concepts (NodeJS/Typescript, GraphQL, Apollo).
You have next-level engineering skills in NodeJS (Typescript) and GraphQL and are motivated to continue working in this area. You are deeply passionate about cloud-based modern, scalable designs. You’re proactive and have experience collaborating closely with teams of different disciplines across Product & Engineering. You live for crafting simple, elegant solutions to complex engineering problems and are able to effectively communicate them to both product and engineering.
If this describes you, we’d love to chat!
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
- You can contribute to our Engineering Blog
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- Robust 401k program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- 16 paid weeks for all parents (birthing and non-birthing), regardless of gender, to welcome newborns, adopted and foster children
- Various snacks, goodies, and 2 free lunches weekly when at the office
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization. With this foundation, we aim to build a social platform and global community for everyone to create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry and strive to develop an inclusive culture where individual contributions are valued. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group (groups focused on people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, and women). You may also participate in inclusive workshops, contribute to our Cultural Moments series, vote on organizations for the SoundCloud Community fund’s support, and more!