Senior Backend Engineer (f/d/m)
DESTINATION FOR GREAT TALENT
At Trade Republic, we are on a mission to democratize wealth. We set up millions of Europeans for wealth with fast, easy, and free access to capital markets. With over one million customers we are one of the largest savings platforms in Europe, with users holding over €6 billion on our platform.
We are seen as the go-to-destination for top talent from across the globe. Everyday we strive to make Trade Republic a great environment to do the best work of your life, surrounded by exceptional, caring and passionate colleagues. In addition to learning and growing with a world-class team, you will build a destination for everyone across Europe to put money to work.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Engineers build the bank: Our Engineering competence strives for technical excellence, efficiency and a state-of-the-art experience for our customers. We believe in using the best tools for the task at hand with an eye into the future and working together to democratise wealth.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Be part of cross-functional product teams delivering mission-critical features and services
- Build and test services and products using modern tools from the JVM ecosystem such as Kotlin, Spring and Vert.x, Hibernate or jOOQ
- Design cloud services focusing on high availability, low latency and scalability (on top of AWS)
- Ship products via a CI/CD pipeline based on Github Pull Requests, Buildkite, and Container Orchestration
- Proactively take responsibility for long-term code quality and architecture
- Collaborate closely with peers from other teams and non-technical stakeholders
- Share your knowledge about tools and technology that remove manual processes, reduce tedious tasks and increase efficiency and reliability
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- You have at least 3 years experience in software engineering (preferably in JVM ecosystem)
- You have developed and shipped scalable features within a service oriented architecture
- You have a strong urge to deliver reliable and long-term maintainable software using an iterative development approach and continuous delivery
- You feel comfortable in an agile environment and have a self-driven personality with a “hands-on” approach, able to identify and solve problems independently and efficiently
- You feel comfortable working in an environment with strict requirements for user data protection
- You enjoy building platform services as a basis and accelerator of product development (nice to have prior experience working in platform/foundations-focused team)
- You are passionate and understand financial instruments (nice to have), and have prior experience in external partners integration and maintenance
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY NOW
At Trade Republic you will get to do the best work of your career. We are a destination for people who are exceptional at what they do. Every day, we strive to build a world-class team and provide the space for people to do their best. We have a relentless ambition of raising the bar and expect the best from ourselves. Through our dedicated people-first management approach and transparent career paths, you will have the opportunity to develop and grow your career like never before. And because you are surrounded by a diverse team of high performers, you will be learning every day.
You will play an important role in fixing one of the largest challenges we face - closing the pension gap and democratizing wealth. Trade Republic is a place where your job, your career and your passions intersect. If this gets you fired up, just like it does for all of us at Trade Republic, then reach out!