Data Engineer - H/F
Unilever is one of the world`s largest Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) businesses, with interest across Beauty and Wellbeing, Personal Care, Homecare, Ice-Cream and Nutrition product categories. We make products that people love – and that make a difference. Nutritious foods. Household care essentials. Indulgent ice creams. Luxurious shampoos. Affordable, disease-combating soaps... and many more. In fact, we make around 400 much-loved brands including global brands such as Knorr & Dove, but also local brands such as Amora & Maille (France) and Suave (the Americas). Shoppers buy them in more than 190 countries. That means you’ll find at least one of our products in seven out of ten households on the planet. And we want every one of those products to make a positive impact on the lives of the people who buy them.
For Unilever to remain competitive in the future, the business needs to continue its path to become data intelligent. The Information and Analytics team is responsible for building data, data science and analytics as a core capability to help the business become data intelligent and drive business and organization performance. The team will deliver advanced products at scale and work closely with the global team to ensure that local decisions in Unilever are augmented with insight & recommendations and to ensure we drive incremental sales and profit for the company by meeting the needs of our consumers, customers and employees.
The in-market D&A team collaborates closely with European Data Engineering & Data Science team, combining best of proximity with operating company and leading edge data engineering expertise.
There are five major themes to the Information and Analytics strategy:
- Deliver Intelligent systems at scale. Powering Business (cross functional) and Customer Development area through data and analytics. Building out the right applications to enable business teams to move faster, with more accurate and future looking decisions leveraging Big Data & Data Science.
- Winning disproportionately in Europe. We believe that the best way to move the needle for Unilever in Analytics is to create analytics products that make a significant impact on our business and drive competitive advantage in Europe.
- Drive Unilever to assisted and predictive decision-making. The future is about assisted decision-making with machines (AI/Cognitive Computing/Machine Learning) unlocking the insights from vast deluge of consumer, customer & internal data, and presenting this in a way that is simple for our teams.
- Make data a true asset. Better data and data science access for every part of Unilever, across the 3 data framework (Connectivity, Growth, Continuous Improvement) and leading through the Enterprise Data Executive.
- World-class Information: One Version of the Facts. Continued excellence in delivery of diagnostics and insights to focus attention when and where it matters with a focus on Big Bets, Strategic Initiatives and Leadership team reporting
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The Data & Analytics (D&A) organization, is tasked to deliver maximum value from data to drive business and organization performance. The D&A – Analytics team in Europe helps business stakeholders win with data, data science and analytics to answer business questions and deliver insights and recommendations.
As part of this analytics team, the role of the Data Engineer is to support the delivery insights to cross-functional business teams by leveraging data storage & processing solutions to create value for Unilever.
The data engineer will be part of cross-functional in market D&A team with business analysts, data analysts & data engineers, with expertise in Performance Management, Promo analysis, Field Sales Force & execution, up to Net revenue Management & pricing strategies, reporting to Senior Data Engineer with a dotted reporting line to European Data Engineering team.
The Data Engineer will be supporting D&A developments of advanced analytics, data science and reporting solutions in Azure cloud environments by delivering the following activities:
- Design and develop data storage and data processing solutions for the enterprise.
- Set up and deploy cloudbased data services such as blob services, databases, and analytics.
- Secure the platform and the stored data. Make sure only the necessary users can access the data.
- Monitor to ensure that the systems run properly and are cost effective.
- Data Ingestion
- Data Transformation
- Deployment of solutions with Azure DevOps
Key Technical Requirements
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Azure Databricks
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lake Storage
- Azure Blob Storage
- Azure SQL DB
- Azure Devops
- REST APIs
- Azure Functions
- Python (pyspark)
Relevant Qualifications And Experience
- Previous projects or experience with data is a plus
- Passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Ability to apply an agile analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Able to effectively communicate with stakeholders from different backgrounds and departments
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative insights in a precise, and actionable manner to business leaders.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.