Factory Cyber Security Cluster Lead
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Role
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home, and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 3.4 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world including Surf, Dove, Lifebuoy, Ponds, Domestos, Wall’s, Lakme, Lux, Hellmann’s, and Knorr. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose as Unilever is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’.
At Unilever, we’re determined to achieve a culture where everyone can thrive, a culture where all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and where their uniqueness is celebrated. We’re taking a holistic approach that focuses on how we can use the scale and reach of our business to have the greatest impact in our own workplace and beyond. We’ve set clear goals to eliminate any bias and discrimination in our policies and practices, accelerate diverse representation in our leadership, and remove barriers for people with disabilities. At the same time, we’re setting out to spend more with diverse businesses and increasing representation of diverse groups in our advertising. Find out more about our work with equity, diversity, and inclusion on our website.
Unilever’s Cyber Security organisation is a multi-disciplinary team responsible for protecting the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of our Information and Operations. Our Cyber Security organisation runs a 24x7 Security Operations Centre, oversees a robust Security Architecture and associated technology landscape, provides Cyber Security Solution Engineering and risk advisory to our business, and assesses the security posture of our vast technology estate, including factories, to name but a few areas. Cyber Security sits as part of the Business Operations organisations, as a peer to Unilever’s Technology and Data functions and the broad Supply Chain agenda. Cyber Security is tasked with elevating, reporting on and influencing enterprise cyber security risk mitigation across Unilever. The Cyber Security function is made up of the Governance, Risk, Assurance, and Compliance (GRAC) team, the Tech & Ops team, the BISO teams and the Office of the CISO.
Role Purpose and Summary:
Are you inspired to secure automation in manufacturing? Are you looking for a new opportunity? Would you relish the opportunity to work for a global FMCG organisation?
Then look no further… we are currently on the hunt for a Factory Cyber Security Cluster Lead (TA2) to join our dynamic and forward-thinking Global Factory Security team. This is an exciting new role in Supply Chain which is tasked to deliver maximum value by securing automation and driving cyber security across Unilever’s global production sites.
The Global Factory Security team covers Operational Technology (OT) deployed within factory sites including, automation and control systems, safety systems, engineering IT assets, factory and engineering data networks.
We have a strategy to secure automation across Unilever’s global production sites. We are poised to deliver a range of core cyber security controls to manage the cyber security risk across our global manufacturing estate. This role will be a member of the Supply Chain team responsible for the cyber security of OT across the regional factory estate.
You will work closely with the Global Factory Security Lead (TA1), the successful candidate will work on the ongoing Factory Cyber Security Programme to deliver and maintain the OT security strategy and a variety of Digital Factory and Industry 4.0 projects, encompassing:
- Cost Savings
The above would be within Automation & Control (A&C), primarily for Batch, Continuous Processes and Packaging Systems.
As Factory Security Cluster Lead (TA2), you will provide regional specialist industrial control and OT cyber security management and expertise to regional sites, including technical design, delivery and maintenance of the OT security controls and strategy. The role will ensure that the regional OT security strategy milestones and projects are delivered on time, with a strong focus on safety, quality, budget and schedule adherence.
You will collaborate with the IT, Information Security, Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance, Operations, Safety and Quality Assurance personnel to support the delivery of the OT cyber strategy, in line with business objectives and utilising your regional management and site-based technical IT skills.
This role will be responsible for managing, scheduling and delivering a range of OT cyber security controls to global production sites. You will be knowledgeable about IP networks and cyber security architecture and controls and able to respond to a broad range of technical queries and issues. You will be required to work closely with both the Factory Cyber Security Core Team and Supply Chain Engineering globally.
Responsibilities and activities include:
- Building relationships with multi-discipline factory and management stakeholders.
- Ability to identify OT security risks and issues and design mitigating controls and solutions.
- Proactive management and delivery of OT security workstreams and projects to ensure the following are carried out:
- Design and approach of cyber solutions or services to meet requirements.
- OT security standards compliance.
- Scoping and production of deliverables.
- Monitoring OT security KPI’s.
- Project management.
- Review of team deliverables for quality and risk purposes.
- Liaising with stakeholders on delivery and implementation issues.
- Identifying cyber improvement opportunities.
- Developing excellent relationships with colleagues in other areas of the business.
- Working to deliver an agreed portfolio of projects under the leadership of the Supply Chain, Information Security, and Global Factory Security Lead.
- Ensuring professional project execution with strong stakeholder engagement along with a high level of communication to various levels of the organization.
- Supporting management to check feasibility of capex projects working collaboratively with Quality, Safety, Manufacturing, Marketing, R&D and plant personnel to clarify the brief, understand work scope, estimate costs and create viable timelines.
- Participating and contributing to factory OT governance activities.
- Develop Project Execution Plans and schedules.
- Execute projects ensuring adherence to schedule and budget. Manage security solution deployments and improvements, contractors, and OEM’s ensuring Unilever Security and Safety Standards are applied.
- Assist factories with non-capital improvements, identifying enhancements in ways of working to improve line or infrastructure efficiencies.
- Assist with the complex controls related cyber troubleshooting, while working with multiple stakeholders to improve OT security skill sets within the factory workforce.
Key Skills and Relevant Experience
- Project management skills.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and networking skills (interpersonal and planning)
- Experience in delivering OT security in an A&C environment within a global manufacturing organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of the cyber security issues facing manufacturing organisations and particularly security risk management relating to industrial control systems and Operational Technology.
- Strong understanding of legacy A&C concepts and technology and digital OT and Industry 4.0 technology in terms of network infrastructure, integration with business information systems, and the challenges faced from a cyber security perspective.
- Strong team focus, communication, relationship building and influencing skills.
- Ability to lead teams with internal and external resources.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver projects to the Unilever engineering standards.
- Technical subject matter expertise in OT cyber security architecture and design, installation, configuration and management in manufacturing (preferable food, home care or personal care products).
Essential Experience Required:
- Experience with cyber security – a recognised cyber security certification is a plus.
- Experience with automation equipment and structures.
- Experience with cyber security controls and best practice.
- Experience of working in a production environment in a key site role.
- Strong networking skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work in virtual teams.
- Ability to build critical skills and develop key talent.
- Experience in Engineering and Technology with knowledge of manufacturing technologies.
- Knowledge or familiarity with OT security solutions and technologies such as; IP networks, firewalls, SIEM, remote access control, anti-virus / anti-malware, threat monitoring etc.
Candidates would be required to demonstrate the Unilever Standards of Leadership & live the Values through showing the following behaviors:
- Agility – Flexes leadership style and plans to meet changing situations with urgency. Learns from the past, envisions the future, has a healthy dissatisfaction with the status quo.
- Personal Mastery – Actively builds wellbeing and resilience in themselves and their team. Has emotional intelligence to take feedback, manage mood and motivations, and build empathy for others. Sets high standards for themselves and always brings their best self.
- Passion for High Performance – Inspires the energy needed to win, generating intensity and focus to motivate people to deliver quality results at speed.
- Business Acumen - Creates new opportunities for profitable growth through the core and beyond, creating sustainable growth with purpose and engaging different partners across the system for change. Brings the outside in, encouraging experimentation and intelligent risk-taking.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.