Security Engineering Analyst
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Role
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home, and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 3.4 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world including Dove, Lux, Ponds, Magnum, Vaseline, and Hazeline. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose as Unilever is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’.
At Unilever, we’re determined to achieve a culture where everyone can thrive, a culture where all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and where their uniqueness is celebrated. We’re taking a holistic approach that focuses on how we can use the scale and reach of our business to have the greatest impact in our own workplace and beyond. We’ve set clear goals to eliminate any bias and discrimination in our policies and practices, accelerate diverse representation in our leadership, and remove barriers for people with disabilities. At the same time, we’re setting out to spend more with diverse businesses and increasing representation of diverse groups in our advertising. Find out more about our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion on our website.
Unilever’s Cyber Security organization is a multi-disciplinary team responsible for protecting the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of our Information and Operations. Our Cyber Security organization runs a 24x7 Security Operations Centre (SOC), oversees a robust Security Architecture and associated technology landscape, provides Cyber Security Solution Engineering and Risk Advisory to our business, and assesses the security of our vast technology estate, including factories, to name but a few areas. Cyber Security sits as part of the Business Operations organisations, as a peer to Unilever’s Technology and Data functions and the broad Supply Chain agenda. Cyber Security is tasked with elevating, reporting on and influencing enterprise cyber security risk mitigation across Unilever. The Cyber Security function is made up of the Governance, Risk, Assurance, and Compliance (GRAC) team, the Tech & Ops team, the BISO teams, and the Office of the CISO.
This Security Engineering China role is tasked with delivering world class security engineering services, advising our organisation to ensure that our network, infrastructure systems, applications, products, and information are securely protected and monitored. The aim will be frictionless security, enabling the business to achieve their output and uptime goals through cyber resilience services and a strong cyber security culture. These activities will be conducted with a ‘Risk Based’ approach to help individual businesses manage cyber risk in their area.
A vacancy exists for a Cyber Security Engineer within Unilever’s cyber function for China. The successful candidate will be responsible for advising and providing security engineering support for enterprise-wide technology. This position will report to the Global Security Engineering Director.
Key areas under this role delivered by the Security Engineering Team for China include:
· Becoming a trusted advisor in Security Engineering, pro-actively providing security leadership and guidance to business divisions, projects, and third parties.
· Advising on the development and design of digital security solutions, which will be adopted for the protection of IT infrastructure, Hybrid Cloud, IT applications, OT, and IoT.
· Advising on security best practice on cyber elements of business initiatives.
· Playing an active role in the definition and iteration of the Unilever Cyber Security transformation.
· Becoming a Security champion in Security Engineering, pro-actively providing security insights and guidance to technical teams, projects, and third parties.
· Advising on the development and design of digital security solutions, which will be adopted for the protection of IT infrastructure, Hybrid Cloud, IT & Security applications, OT, and IoT, embedded technologies
This role will work with wider areas of the business to achieve these objectives, including the Security, Tech & Ops team and the regional Business Information Security Officer (BISO) teams.
· Responsible for becoming a trusted advisor in Security Engineering and pro-actively providing security leadership and guidance to business divisions, projects, and third parties.
· Responsible for developing and designing digital security solutions, which will be adopted for the protection of IT infrastructure, Hybrid Cloud, Zero Trust, IT applications, OT, and IoT.
· Responsible for advising on security best practice on cyber elements of business initiatives.
· Responsible for advising on definition and iteration of the Unilever Cyber Security transformation.
Key Skills and Relevant Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to be understood by both technical and non-technical personnel.
- The ability to lead through accountability with delegated responsibilities.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple tasks.
- Stakeholder management and interpersonal skills at both a technical and non-technical level.
- Outstanding influencing ability.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with international team members.
- Outstanding critical reasoning and problem-solving skills – sticking to the problem until it is resolved.
- Customer-orientated, whether responding to queries or delivering new services.
- Skills in Programme and Project Management.
- While the business language of Unilever is English, business proficiency in local languages is a plus.
- The role holder will have previously held a role in Cyber Security or Security Engineering.
- Experience of leading major security implementation programs across a global organization.
- Experience and proven track record in Cyber Security Engineering with knowledge of IT Security Controls, Identity & Access Management, User Behaviour Analytics/Advanced Detection and Response, Data Security, SOAR, YARA, Kestrel, or any other security languages
- Experience with Threat modelling practices and the development lifecycle.
- Extensive experience in providing thought leadership, and driving a complex change agenda, and an ability to challenge the “status quo”.
- Excellent strategic and operational business awareness, with a deep understanding of the key drivers, levers, issues, and constraints of digital businesses.
- Experience within a customer focused environment.
- Knowledge of the applications or the technical landscape within the domain and experience of delivering Cyber Security projects to its demands.
Candidates would be required to demonstrate the Unilever Standards of Leadership & live the Values through showing the following behaviors:
- Agility – Flexes leadership style and plans to meet changing situations with urgency. Learns from the past, envisions the future, has a healthy dissatisfaction with the status quo.
- Personal Mastery – Actively builds wellbeing and resilience in themselves and their team. Has emotional intelligence to take feedback, manage mood and motivations, and build empathy for others. Sets high standards for themselves and always brings their best self.
- Passion for High Performance – Inspires the energy needed to win, generating intensity and focus to motivate people to deliver results at speed.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.