Engineering COE Manager
JOB TITLE: Engineering COE Manager
LOCATION: UniOps Bangalore
Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make this happen. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best. Every day, nine out of ten Indian households use our products to feel good, look good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future.
Every individual here can bring their purpose to life through their work. Join us and you’ll be surrounded by inspiring leaders and supportive peers. Among them, you’ll channel your purpose, bring fresh ideas to the table, and simply be you. As you work to make a real impact on the business and the world, we’ll work to help you become a better you.
Unilever Operations (UniOps) is the global technology and operations engine of Unilever offering business services, technology, and enterprise solutions. UniOps serves over 190 locations and through a network of specialized service lines and partners delivers insights and innovations, user experiences and end-to-end seamless delivery making Unilever Purpose Led and Future Fit.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Product Manager is a pivotal role in the HAP-Product Team that requires strong Product Innovation, Marketing and Delivery capabilities. The person will not only need to tap into the partner and industry ecosystem to mine new Product ideas , but also come up with new Products using technologies housed under HAP (RPA, AI/ML, OCR, Gen AI, Image/Video Analytics, Low/No Code platforms, Computer Vision, Sound, Integration, Service Now, IT4IT tools, ARIS etc) that can enable new business models and automation solutions through lateral thinking. She/He should be able to price the products right, partner with impact and influence across the length, breadth and hierarchies of Unilever Business and IT Functions to be able to market products and generate demand. She/He should have excellent Vendor Management capabilities, technology acumen and business appreciation to be able to collaborate and co-create Products, take them from 0-1 and then ensure they scale 1-n through other Delivery teams.
HAP Product Vertical is an entrepreneurial team with a strong sense of purpose and personality – the team has embraced the vision to build the coolest Unilever yet, while enabling it’s stakeholders that includes all Business Functions and Clusters at Unilever to achieve their OKRs/purpose/vision. The vertical is specifically tasked to create and land products that would accelerate HAP’s growth and achievement of automating 80% of the baseline manual hours of work that are executed in Unilever, besides aiding stakeholders to achieve their OKRs.
· Come up with 100 Product Ideas/Concepts to build a rich catalogue with compelling value, using/combining the Tech housed under HAP.
· Create & execute the marketing & communication strategy/assets for the 100 Products.
· Generate demand for 60+ Products, build and activate respective MVPs.
· Collaborate with other HAP horizontals (Engagement, Solution Architecture, Delivery & Assurance) to land/rollout Products envisaged.
· Create and manage a responsive Vendor ecosystem to fast track Product MVP landing.
· Manage Cost & Quality of Delivery of Product MVPs by onboarding right SI Partners.
· Outside-In : use personal networks as needed to stay ahead of the curve.
· Co-create the future strategy, vision, pipeline & roadmap for HAP-Product vertical.
· MBA degree from a Tier 1 B-school
· Previous Tech work experience of 7+ years with Product Innovation/Marketing/Delivery experience
· Entrepreneurial flair – all aspects.
· Experience with Business Partnering & Engagement.
· Strong SI Partner/Vendor Management & negotiation skills.
· Project Management expertise – plan, track, govern, report.
· Global exposure to create products for scalability and complexity of large organizations.
· Cross functional knowhow & appreciation of all business functions and expertise in atleast one functional area.
· High external orientation to identify new trends and technologies that may be relevant for Unilever
· Organizes, manages, and leads the team that is responsible for achieving the project objectives.
· Strong Unilever Standards of Leadership (SOLs) and strong sense of purpose.
· A relentless Day 1 mindset and fearless attitude to challenge the status quo. A fail fast-learn fast-succeed faster approach with passion for high performance.
· Ability to handle ambiguity, recalibrate to manage changing expectations
At HUL, we believe that every individual irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, nationality, caste, disability or marital status can bring their purpose to life. So apply to us, to unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make the world a better place. As you work to make a real impact on the business and the world, we’ll work to help you become a better you!