Engineering Manager - Besan
Unilever is currently hiring an Engineering Manager
What you can expect from The Role:
- The Site Engineering Manager is responsible for directing appropriate Maintenance Schedules and all Factory-related Projects as per agreed standards.
- Leading short & long period maintenance activities in the factory to achieve desired service levels in terms of Factory Assets Reliability.
- Delivering department targets including breakdowns, maintenance budgets, and yearly projects within UL Quality and SHE standards.
- Leading the engineering team to implement and sustain technical strategies including those in Quality, Manufacturing Excellence, World Class Manufacturing, employee relations, performance management and development of talent
- Implementing new technologies and best-proven practices to plant
- Implementing Unilever sustainability targets on site
- Effective management of technical staff and contractors.
- Supporting factory teams to develop & implement digital projects
- Deploying and delivering annual Engineering Plan including innovation and capacity investments, asset depreciation, energy management, utilities, third-party services (if needed), and costs by recommending long-term site strategic plans to the SU Director and Regional Engineering Team.
- Ensuring that the technical standards of all manufacturing and non-manufacturing fixed assets are maintained.
- Guarding and ensuring the application of all Local and Unilever Engineering Policies and governance requirements
- Co-ordinating the factory maintenance operations to achieve the agreed production plans with optimum labor, energy, and materials utilization
- Organizing and preparing specifications and standards for packing & processing equipment across food service platforms
- Leading on initiatives and projects aiming for site integration and collaborative work with engineers and technicians by planning contemporary training
- Supporting UMS activities
- Ensuring yearly Technical Budgets are effectively used
- Ensuring effective local stakeholder management with other departments and the right communication with them aligned with Unilever policies
- Specifying new equipment designs and installations
- Improving packing & process equipment systems reliability and flexibility
- Working with third parties in the design and installation of equipment, ensuring compliance with standards and specifications
- Responsible for the procurement realization in cooperation with the procurement department for civil, packing & process equipment on specific capital projects in a year
- Managing engineering resources and third party on site
- Interacting with Engineering Directors, package development engineers, SC planning managers, SC innovation managers, supply managers, and packaging equipment specialists
Does It Sounds Like You?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, or related field) or (If graduated from different departments) Relevant extensive engineering know-how on the job
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Supply Chain role (Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a role leading an entire technical department, preferably at the Managerial level
- WCM/Power BI/Autocad/MS Project knowledge preferred
- Maintenance Principles and Best practice (Working Knowledge)
- Experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) is strongly preferred
- Capable of fluent English by writing & speaking
- Project Management
- Technology Platform Expertise
- Engineering Expertise (Packaging, Controls)-Technical Problem Solving
- Team leadership,team work
- Strategic Influencing
- Breakthrough thinking
- Seizing the future
- Knowledge of reliability, maintenance, and machine flexibility is required to be effective in the optimization process.
- Automation & controls background is beneficial
- Civil project management experience required.
- Must be able to perform in multi-functional high-performance team environment
- Advanced project management skills, team leadership skills
Unilever is the place where you can bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. You will be a part of a team with global and local leaders and colleagues who provide mentorship and inspiration so that you can become a better you! You can innovate, disrupt, and influence here at Unilever as we are TALENT CONNECTORS THAT MAKE EXPERIENCES HAPPEN!
Note: Unilever embraces diversity and encourages applicates from all walks of life! We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment journey. If you require any support to complete your application or any subsequent stage throughout your recruitment journey with us at Unilever, then please specific how we may be able to assist you.
APPLY FOR A BETTER YOU. A BETTER WORLD. A BETTER BUSINESS
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.