Product Manager, Procurement D&A
JOB TITLE: Product Manager – Procurement D&A
WORK LEVEL: 2
LOCATION: UniOps Bangalore
UniOps’ purpose unleashes the power of people, experiences, technology, data, and performance to deliver experiences that grow, fuel, and protect Unilever and our stakeholders.
The Data and Analytics (D&A) team plays a critical role in driving Unilever’s Growth and Fuel for Growth, empowering our people to make smarter and faster choices to unlock value. Our vision is to transform Unilever to become truly Data Intelligent, delivering great performance through data-driven choices.
Digital technology is transforming business, creating huge amounts of data. Our belief is that those companies that can truly harness data and deploy analytics at scale, will be those that succeed in the future.
Our vision is to elevate data and data use across Unilever, to transform Unilever into a Data-Intelligent enterprise, where every choice and action is powered by the best data and advanced analytics (AI) to deliver on our business goals. It’s about empowering our employees, helping them to make smarter and faster choices and freeing up their capacity to focus on growth and the choices that matter. choices about our categories, brands, channels, key markets, and our people.
We are helping to guide Unilever into the Future of Work, combining the best of human intelligence and machine through data-intelligent decision-making.
Who we are and what we do:
We are a passionate team of over 350 data experts, data scientists, information experts, technical specialists, and business analysts. We operate as ‘One D&A’, made up of Global engagement and expertise teams, based in our key hubs including India, the UK, and US, and local UniOps in Market D&A teams, based in our key markets. Together, we combine the best of global for scale and efficiency, and local for intimacy and impact.
‘We are in the midst of a paradigm shift where the intelligence of machines will complement human ingenuity to do good, do better and smarter” – Sanjiv Mehta, Unilever President, South Asia
Our key tasks as D&A are to:
Set the Unilever data strategy and lay the foundations to maximise the value of our data. Deliver the connected Data Platform to accelerate access to integrated and trusted data at scale across the company for data and choices. Embed core data and analytics capabilities, moving on to automation, AI, and Big Data to boost Unilever’s choice intelligence. Head the Data and Analytics Culture to build a future-fit workforce that values and adopts data-intelligent decision-making across all levels.
We are also passionate about powering our growth with purpose, building a diverse and inclusive team and culture, for example through our #WomenInData program, and continuing to innovate in the use of data and AI to meet our sustainability goals.
The Procurement D&A Manager supports Procurement Data Operations and related products with wide stakeholder engagement across data capabilities landing by partnering with Product, Data, Information Factory and Solution Factory teams.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded commercial and data professional. They will have a deep knowledge of the value chain in Unilever, specifically in Procurement OR Supply Chain, that is complemented by application of data, and emerging technologies required to deliver a world class capability. Most importantly, the ideal candidate will enjoy rolling their sleeves up to drive towards outcomes.
• Strong stakeholder management skills are a pre-requisite
• Strong demonstrated customer engagement and solid delivery acumen
• Ability to deep dive into product usage, performance demographics and thereby track benefits at a Product, Central Team, Business Group and Business Unit level
• Experience building business cases and owning delivery of the projects/programs
• Ability to manage multiple requests and priorities simultaneously in a highly VUCA and tough market
• Ability to communicate complex data science solutions in a precise, and actionable manner to senior management
• Proven experience in managing and developing teams across reporting lines
• Lead & business partner with senior stakeholders – including within customer
development, supply chain, various internal departments and within the markets, to align the top data and analytics pain points and priorities.
• Manage the end-to-end delivery roadmap, including technical delivery and change management/adoption
• Serves as design authority, prioritizing features, upgrades, changes and fixes across Procurement and SC
• Ability to automate data operations and setup end to end operations framework for Procurement D&A
Develop a very good understanding of Unilever Information & Analytics Strategy and ensure alignment of team’s priorities to the strategy
Work closely with the D&A Markets, functions, Business teams, Geo IT, Business Units and Business Group leads and the SKU Simplification Steer Comm to support choice process is seamless
Design and build descriptive data solutions for senior leadership teams along with piloting in Prescriptive / Predictive modelling
Build and manage relationship with stakeholders within D&A and Business
Drive operational excellence within the team
Ensure adherence to SLA by 3PP and drive user satisfaction
Responsible for adherence to Unilever Control and compliance policies
Responsible for bringing in new tools and technologies, around visualization, automation and data, to enable faster delivery at D&A
Responsible and accountable for driving Change Management against the Products as a service and ensure Market signs up the run costs / program manage the budgets
Co-partner on establishing governance on Control tower processes with Core partners in Procurement, Supply Chain and deliver business process, controls using framework
Drive LEAN, Agile and Design Thinking methodology across D&A and educate end users on the core process / governance
Mentor team on continuous improvement which includes
Improved ways of working between engagement, tracking
Simplification, Operations Management and Standardization
Data toolkits and Automation accelerators
Design thinking and Agile Scrum Approach
Program management and functional know how of the use cases
Assessment framework on DevOps model of working
• Data & Analytics Operations Leadership Team
• Data & Analytics Hub & Spoke teams
• Procurement, SC, Market and Business Units / Business Group
• Global, Regional and Local Functional stakeholders.
• Regional and country contacts/stakeholders.
• 3rd party service providers
All About You:
We are looking for someone with eagerness to fail, learn and pivot; who strives for Better Insights and faster Value Unlock
We encourage you to apply if you meet 80% or more of what we’re looking for below. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn’t know we need!
· 6 to 8 years of relevant experience in data & analytics
· At least 5 years of experience in leading cross functional teams
· Experience in working with senior stakeholders (WL4+)
· Exposure to visualization tools like PBI, Webapp or other data blending tools
· Working know how in Data Blending tools and technologies along with driving D&A
· Working know how of Design Thinking or DevOps models along with Agile Scrum
· Exposure and good learning in Operations, Reporting and providing custom insights
Professional Skills (foundation/practitioner/mentor)
· Product Management in Technology - Practitioner
· Product Discovery and Solution Design – Practitioner
· Project Management - Practitioner
· Product lifecycle management – Foundation
· Supply Chain Business Understanding – Practitioner
· Demonstrates strong "Inner game":
· Strong Design Thinking/Agility and innovation mindset – intellectually curious, constantly looking to develop, embraces change with sense of urgency and enjoys positively challenging status quo
· Personal drive and ability to inspire and engage others towards action
· Personal mastery –emotionally resilient; always bringing the best of themselves
· Demonstrates great "Outer game":
· Credible business acumen – shows understanding of business, commercials and performance metrics. Has gravitas to effectively influence senior stakeholder within a functional and business context
· Encourages experimentation, bringing the outside in, and intelligent risk taking
· Brings the voice of the consumer and internal customer into everything they do
· Passion for high performance – creating motivation and focus to drive execution at speed
· A talent catalyst – encouraging collaboration and inclusivity, empowering teams to be their best
What do we offer:
From our foundation, Unilever has been a purpose-driven company. Today, our purpose is to make sustainable living commonplace. We are working to create a brighter future every day with brands and services that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life. That includes us – the people who work for Unilever, as well as the world around us. Unilever’s flexible rewards and benefits are designed to help us all have sustainable households, for whatever life stage you are at now and in the future.
· These include:
· Great work environment
· Flexible work environment built on trust
· Pension scheme
· Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
· Well-being hub with access to benefits such as Healthcare, eye tests, health checks, occupational physio
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion:
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing the development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.