Senior Cloud Solution Architect
Job Title - Senior Cloud Solution Architect
Job Location - Bangalore
Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make this happen. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best. Every day, nine out of ten Indian households use our products to feel good, look good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future.
Every individual here can bring their purpose to life through their work. Join us and you’ll be surrounded by inspiring leaders and supportive peers. Among them, you’ll channel your purpose, bring fresh ideas to the table, and simply be you. As you work to make a real impact on the business and the world, we’ll work to help you become a better you.
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Role
Cloud is a critical enabler of Unilever’s digital future. It not only changes how we store and access data but, will also fundamentally improve how our business operates. Cloud enables innovation and delivery at cost effective scale and a pace by removing barriers and providing foundations for digital business transformation. The Cloud Platform Services (CPS) team, part of the UniOps function, has a vision to accelerate cloud adoption to drive a future fit model for innovation and growth across Unilever. As part of this team, you will be working with our customers and Cloud technology partners such as Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud (GCP), to support the broad adoption of cloud services across Unilever. This role requires you to leverage your strategic technical expertise along with your excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, to support the Business Relationship Managers (BRM’s) role in encouraging cloud-native adoption across the Platform and Geo-IT application teams. You will work closely with BRM’s and also Platform Directors, Service Owners, business stakeholders, Cloud Engineers, and Cloud Architects to identify, define and evangelise new services and solutions that are future fit for the Platform or Geo-IT’s business need. Also assisting Product Managers (Owners), Technical Leads, Delivery Leads, Enterprise Architecture, and Engineering, in the development of product roadmaps for CPS that meet customer needs. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with BRM’s to guide Platform and Geo-IT’s on their cloud journey, listening and understanding their business requirement and helping design or advise on an appropriate cloud service for them. Requires close work with Product Teams to provide services that satisfy customer’s requirements and feeding back to ensure high customer satisfaction at all times .
• Support BRM’s and their internal customers adopt cloud efficiently and effectively, providing specific technical SME advice to support Platforms on adopting cloud-native solutions.
• Alongside BRM’s, manages technical and business stakeholder relationships across UniOps as a trusted cloud advisor.
• Leading and owning workshops with multiple Business Platform and Geo IT stakeholders at senior level, to explore opportunities for exploiting cloud services for business value.
• Support Platforms and Geo-IT teams on the implementation of large complex cloud and hybrid enterprise solutions.
• Creates and delivers new content around complex topics to mix competency audiences.
• Evangelise Cloud Adoption, including presenting to large audiences, both internally and externally, evangelising cloud best practice adoption across Unilever
• Provides guidance and mentoring to peers and other colleagues to help with career and personal development.
• Ability to communicate at all levels, especially senior stakeholders by taking complex technical offerings and solutions and simplifying them for ease of understanding.
• Understanding and applying Platform and Geo-IT needs alongside the UniOps and Cloud strategies.
• Ability to have a high level strategic view of engagements that drive customer value.
• Strong customer-service focus.
• High performing, energetic
• Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building skills
• High level of professionalism and confidence
• Strong interest in driving change
• 5+ years as a Cloud Advisor or Consultant, delivering best practice advice across all major CSP’s or 5+ years deep technical experience as a Senior Cloud Solutions Architect
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential. Experience in communicating across many cross-functional areas, including external partners and customers.
• Proven ability to analyse Cloud market, technical requirements and engage in high-level architecture discussion with Architecture and Engineering functions
• Strong understanding of GCP and Azure cloud platforms eco-systems and cloud technology trends and architectures (especially cloud-native solutions)
• Practical experience in applying Agile and DevOps methodologies
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience. (E.g. ITIL, PMP, Prince 2 etc)
• External Advanced certification on Business Strategy and Economics (such as MBA)
• Advisory and Design experience or qualifications in:
Driving practical cloud solutions and best practices aligned to overall strategy.
Practical experience of evangelising services for cloud platforms and technologies.
• Certification requirements
GCP – Professional Cloud Architect
Azure – AZ-305: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
Solution Architecture Qualification (e.g. ITIL, CISSP etc)
Desirable qualifications :
• Experience of using JIRA and other agile design toolsets, including any appropriate Agile methodology certifications (e.g. Scrum ).
Candidates would be required to show demonstration of the following behaviours:
• Accountability and Ownership - Strive for high quality and success, empower yourself and others to make decisions.
• Be bold - Challenge the status quo, be bold & passionate about cloud, think outside of the box and be willing to improve.
• Customer First - Thinking about our customers constantly by providing them with the best tools, services and end user experiences.
• Collaboration - Working in an openly creative culture, where all ideas are acknowledged encouraging innovation and transparency.
• Empowered - Always be one step ahead, embrace change and challenges, initiate solutions and make decisions in good faith.
Employee should "meet expectations" on the Standards of Leadership behaviours relevant to the WL of this role. Details on the Standards of Leadership can be found by clicking here .