Assistant Manager - Data Analyst, Procurement
JOB TITLE: Assistant Manager – Data Analyst, Procurement
WORK LEVEL: 1D
LOCATION: UniOps Bangalore
UniOps’ purpose unleashes the power of people, experiences, technology, data, and performance to deliver experiences that grow, fuel, and protect Unilever and our stakeholders.
The Data and Analytics (D&A) team plays a critical role in driving Unilever’s Growth and Fuel for Growth, empowering our people to make smarter and faster choices to unlock value. Our vision is to transform Unilever to become truly Data Intelligent, delivering great performance through data-driven choices.
Digital technology is transforming business, creating huge amounts of data. Our belief is that those companies that can truly harness data and deploy analytics at scale, will be those that succeed in the future.
Our vision is to elevate data and data use across Unilever, to transform Unilever into a Data-Intelligent enterprise, where every choice and action is powered by the best data and advanced analytics (AI) to deliver on our business goals. It’s about empowering our employees, helping them to make smarter and faster choices and freeing up their capacity to focus on growth and the choices that matter. Choices about our categories, brands, channels, key markets, and our people.
We are helping to lead Unilever into the Future of Work, combining the best of human intelligence and machine through data-intelligent decision-making.
Who we are and what we do:
We are a passionate team of over 350 data experts, data scientists, information experts, technical specialists, and business analysts. We operate as ‘One D&A’, made up of Global engagement and expertise teams, based in our key hubs including India, the UK, and US, and local UniOps in Market D&A teams, based in our key markets. Together, we combine the best of global for scale and efficiency, and local for intimacy and impact.
‘We are in the midst of a paradigm shift where the intelligence of machines will complement human ingenuity to do good, do better and smarter” – Sanjiv Mehta, Unilever President, South Asia
Our key tasks as D&A are to:
Set the Unilever data strategy and lay the foundations to maximise the value of our data.
Deliver the connected Data Platform to accelerate access to integrated and trusted data at scale across the company for data and choices. Embed core data and analytics capabilities, leading to automation, AI, and Big Data to boost Unilever’s choice intelligence.
Lead the Data and Analytics Culture to build a future-fit workforce that values and adopts data-intelligent decision-making across all levels.
We are also passionate about powering our growth with purpose, building a diverse and inclusive team and culture, for example through our #WomenInData program, and continuing to innovate in the use of data and AI to meet our sustainability goals.
Businesses face the daunting task of analysing intricate value chains and making proactive or reactive choices to optimize value and Procurement buying. This test has been further amplified by COVID-19, disrupting traditional industry practices and intensifying global climate and geopolitical risks. If you are a Business Analyst who has a passion for Procurement data and Data Operations this is your opportunity.
You will be a part of very agile team with an extensive goal and roadmap to success. Procurement Data Analyst would be responsible for end to end data operations with regards to fetching the data from datalake, generate custom reports and insights to end users on an ongoing basis
• Help executing Procurement One Data strategy rigorously
• Ensure Data Quality is highest by executing the data quality roadmap
• Understand business requirements, define data strategy, identify data elements relevant for insights
• Design and Launch PBI or Graph based insights and customize for end users
All About You:
We are looking for someone with eagerness to fail, learn and pivot; who strives for Better Insights and Value Unlock
We encourage you to apply if you meet 80% or more of what we’re looking for below. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn’t know we need!
• Through understanding of Technology Scale Up, having experience with launching analytical dashboards and insights across different platforms and geographies
• Power BI/SQL Knowledge/Experience and well-rounded appreciation of Data Science applications to business problems
• Hands-on approach into data, building queries, running tests using different languages: SQL, Python
• Rigorous mindset not settling for an incomplete solution
• Capture business requirements, design solutions and land power BI
• Product management understanding; being part of a team delivering multi country products/platforms
• Proven experience operating and project managing in a complex organizational environment
• Experience in Communication/Change Management/Building Learning Plans
• Having worked on a digital role as BA, QA or data analyst, managed a project budget of €200k+
• Being part of a global roll out of a product/programme
• Product Management in Technology - Practitioner
• Product Discovery and Solution Design – Practitioner
• Project Management - Practitioner
• Product lifecycle management – Foundation
• Supply Chain Business Understanding - Practitioner
o Strong Design Thinking/Agility and innovation mindset – intellectually curious, constantly looking to develop, embraces change with sense of urgency and enjoys positively testing status quo
o Personal drive and ability to inspire and engage others towards action
o Personal mastery –emotionally resilient; always bringing the best of themselves
o Credible business acumen – shows understanding of business, commercials and performance metrics. Has gravitas to effectively influence senior stakeholder within a functional and business context
o Encourages experimentation, bringing the outside in, and intelligent risk taking
o Brings the voice of the consumer and internal customer into everything they do
o Passion for high performance – creating motivation and focus to drive execution at speed
o A talent catalyst – encouraging collaboration and inclusivity, empowering teams to be their best
What do we offer:
From our foundation, Unilever has been a purpose-driven company. Today, our purpose is to make sustainable living commonplace. We are working to create a brighter future every day with brands and services that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life. That includes us – the people who work for Unilever, as well as the world around us. Unilever’s flexible rewards and benefits are designed to help us all have sustainable households, for whatever life stage you are at now and in the future.
• Great work environment
• Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
• Pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
• Well-being hub with access to benefits such as Healthcare, eye tests, health checks, occupational physio
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion:
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing the development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.