Project Automation Engineering Assistant Manager
With 3.4 billion people in over 190 countries using our products every day, Unilever is a business that makes a real impact on the world. Work on brands that are loved and improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace, and it is our belief that doing business the right way drives superior performance. At the heart of what we do is our people – we believe that when our people work with purpose, we will create a better business and a better world.
At Unilever, your career will be a unique journey, grounded in our inclusive, collaborative, and flexible working environment. We don’t believe in the ‘one size fits all’ approach and instead we will equip you with the tools you need to shape your own future.
JOB PURPOSE & MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
Asst. Project Manager will manage the end to end delivery of the site capital projects. These projects will encompass a wide range from safety, quality, infrastructure, savings, capacity, Innovation, and equipment improvements. This position will schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. Also, the incumbent will provide technical support to the day to day and reliability activities. This role reports to Site Project Delivery Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
Experiences & Qualifications
- Work to deliver an agreed portfolio of projects under the leadership of the relevant Engineering Lead.
- Ensure professional project execution with strong stakeholder engagement along with a high level of communication to multiple levels of the organization.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Support Engineering Lead to check feasibility of capex projects working collaboratively with Quality, Safety, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Marketing, R+D and plant personnel to clarify the brief, understand work scope, estimate costs and create viable timelines.
- Work with internal UL Engineering teams and 3rd parties to develop Concept, FEED and Detailed Designs to meet the business need inputting local requirements and constraints as required.
- Develop Project Execution Plan and schedule.
- Execute the project ensuring adherence to schedule, budget. Manage site construction, contractors, and OEM’s ensuring Unilever Construction Safety Standards are applied.
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualization software such as AutoCAD
- Assist factory with non-capital improvements identifying enhancements in ways of working to improve line or infrastructure efficiencies.
- Ensure EEM, PHA, Aontu and Marlin activities are fulfilled.
- Education: BS in Electrical & Electronical Engineering / Automation Engineering
- Experience: 3 - 5+ Years of Engineering in FMCG, related Industry or gained in an engineering consultancy environment
- Practical experience and know-how process control, loop tuning, PLC/HMI
- Experience on programming Machinery safety systems (Pilz, Sick etc.)Experience in Siemens PLC (Simatic Manager, TIA Portal) and SCADA (WinCC), WinCC Flexible, Allen Bradley, Schneider PLC, DCS (DeltaV platforms including batch is a plus) systems is requiredHMI
- Experience in Instrumentation and Pneumatic systems
- Project Management, maintenance, or continuous improvement experience with chemical processing and/or utilities systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; along with the ability to negotiate.
- You are energized by delivering fantastic results. You are an example to others – both your results and your resilience. You are constantly on the lookout for better ways to do things, engaging and collaborating with others along the way.
- As an individual you are the one responsible for your own wellbeing and delivering high standards of work. You must also focus on the Consumer and what they need. You are humble and have your head up, looking around to interpret evidence and data smartly, spot issues and opportunities to make things better.
- Critical SOL (Standards of Leadership) Behaviors
- PASSION FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE: Takes personal responsibility and accountability for execution and results. Has an owner’s mindset, using data and insight to make decisions.
- PERSONAL MASTERY: Sets high standards for themselves. Actively builds own wellbeing and resilience.
- CONSUMER LOVE: Whatever their role, always looks for better ways to serve consumers. Invests time inside and outside to understand the needs of consumers.
- PURPOSE & SERVICE: Has humility, understanding that leadership is service to others, inside and outside Unilever.
- AGILITY: Explores the world around them, continually learning and developing their skills.
Unilever embraces diversity and encourages applicates from all walks of life! This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.