Electronic Data Interchange Analyst - Elida Beauty
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Analyst UKI – Elida Beauty
Work Location – Battersea 1-2 days a week maximum / WFH & Flexible
Job Type - Full Time
Who we are … we are Elida Beauty
Elida Beauty is a very exciting new beauty business within Unilever. We re-found iconic brands by remixing them for today’s generation, making them even bigger beauty hits than they were first time around.
Our remixes democratize beauty, because we want everyone on the ‘beauty dance floor’ with our top-quality products at a great value.
Driven by our colleague’s creativity, agility and close connection with consumers, customers, and suppliers we are able to unleash the true potential of our loved brands with a fresh start. We ‘Re-Found’ them using a start-up mentality that always ‘finds a way’. Our ‘no silos’, one team approach drives both personal and business growth so that together we deliver outcomes that are music to the ears of consumers, customers, colleagues, and the planet alike.
Better for our consumers, better for the world and better for each of us
The way we manufacture, package and distribute our products will be better for everyone and for the planet. We will bring a new meaning to diversity and inclusion by providing access to beauty products that suit every kind of skin and hair.
We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Your Role & Key Responsibilities
The Master Data EDI Operations role is a critical role for the Commercial function. Having accurate and up-to-date Master Data is one of the most valuable assets to our company. It provides the foundation for the business to operate successfully with our customers. For this role, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to join our team as an EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) Analyst. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in the seamless execution of electronic ordering systems between Elida Beauty and retailers. As an integral member of our organization, you will lead the implementation, integration, and optimization of EDI processes to ensure efficient and accurate electronic order processing. The role is part of a Customer Business Operations team and will report into the Customer Data & EDI Operations Manager for the region.
EDI (Primary Responsibility)
- EDI Testing and Validation:
- Conduct thorough testing of EDI processes to validate configurations and mapping accuracy.
- Complete activities for internal system testing of new customer onboarding
- Collaborate with stakeholders to perform end-to-end testing of electronic ordering transactions.
- EDI Implementation and Integration:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to seamlessly integrate EDI into the business ways of working.
- Trading Partner Relationship Management:
- Act as a point of contact for resolving EDI-related issues and inquiries from trading partners.
- EDI Transaction Monitoring:
- Develop and implement monitoring processes to track the flow of EDI transactions.
- Proactively identify and resolve discrepancies in electronic ordering processes.
- Issue Resolution and Troubleshooting:
- Investigate and resolve issues related to EDI transmissions to minimize disruptions.
- Provide support to end-users and trading partners in troubleshooting and resolving EDI-related problems.
- Documentation and Training:
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of EDI configurations and procedures.
- Conduct training sessions for internal teams and external partners on EDI processes.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Partner with third party and internal teams to continuously improve effectiveness & efficiency of EDI processes.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and automation within the EDI framework.
- Collaborate with IT and business teams to implement enhancements for efficiency.
Master Data (Supporting role)
- Own our Customer and Pricing Master Data and the involved processes.
- Responsible for inputting our Master Data into systems.
- Responsible for ensuring that our Master Data is up to date and accurately maintained.
- Responsible for communicating internally any updates to our Master Data in the system.
- Identification of any gaps or issues with our Data and providing solutions to address these
- Collaborate with the Master Data Management team
- GS1 – Manage Wave 1 data and usage. Prepare & manage GS1 Wave 2 data ops requirements
Skills and Experience
- Educational Background: Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Business Information, Computer Science, Maths or related degree.
- 1- 2 years’ experience with issue resolution and defect triage investigation.
- Experience with Service Management.
- Knowledge of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and associated processes, including onboarding.
- Experience in change request processes and small change delivery preferred.
- Experience managing and coordinating multiple stakeholders, including internal teams and third-party providers.
- Experience and knowledge of FMCG preferred.
- Ability to present complex information in a simplified manner and articulate impact to the business, i.e. join the dots between data analytics & creating simple & actionable insights
- Able to interact and work well in a team to collaborate & co-create opportunities; ability to work cross-functionally and lead from within role.
- Language Requirements: English
Who we are looking for
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Bias for action, drive for results
- Confidence and fearlessness to take decisions, exercise autonomy
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Organizationally and analytically strong
- High level of resilience and the ability to perform under pressure
- Curiosity: A customer centric mindset
- You love to win, and have fun doing it
- A passion for the Beauty & Personal Care World
- Transparency, openness & honesty
- Passion for diversity & inclusion
If you want to further unlock your potential and work in an entrepreneurial environment where you will have the autonomy to act like a founder to drive brands and business forward. We will help you to unlock your personal creativity, upskilling and re-skilling you along the way. Together, we will develop leading-edge digital marketing skills and best-in-class teamworking capabilities and be a place of work where you can be yourself every day. Imagine how good we will feel when we see that our creativity reignites growth in the business because consumers embrace our new ideas.
Excited about the Role?
Please apply online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.