Data Management & Reporting Analyst
UNILEVER IS LOOKING FOR A DATA MANAGEMENT & REPORTING ANALYST
Location: Weena, Rotterdam – the Netherlands
Local conditions apply
Salary: 44-64 K gross depending on background and experience
With 3.4 billion people in over 190 countries using our products every day, Unilever is a business that makes a real impact on the world. Work on brands that are loved and improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace, and it is our belief that doing business the right way drives superior performance. At the heart of what we do is our people – we believe that when our people work with purpose, we will create a better business and a better world.
At Unilever, your career will be a unique journey, grounded in our inclusive, collaborative, and flexible working environment. We don’t believe in the ‘one size fits all’ approach and instead we will equip you with the tools you need to shape your own future.
We want our business to flourish, and we know that our success depends on others flourishing around us. That's why our purpose is to make sustainable living commonplace, and why sustainable, long-term growth is at the heart of our business model.
Univest Company was established in 2011 as Unilever’s in-house central investment unit responsible for overseeing the c. €25bn of assets of Unilever’s worldwide pension schemes. Univest Company provides services to Unilever’s pension schemes ranging from advice and assistance to reviewing and fully implementing investment strategies. Univest Company also has the responsibility for running a range of cross border asset pooling vehicles (the Univest pooled funds) consisting of different investment products across multiple asset classes.
In this international setting Univest Company holds portfolio data and information in multiple systems, both in-house (FactSet) and external at custodians. Based on this data Univest company aims to provide best in class client and regulatory reporting (assets, performance, risk, sustainability) to Unilever pension funds and regulators in the various countries. The reporting team also provides underlying data to the investment team to support their portfolio analysis. Close cooperation with third party providers and monitoring of their services in the area of data provisioning and risk and performance reports is a key part of the activities in the team.
Currently Univest Company has a vacancy in the data and reporting team, a small team of three, for a Data Management & Reporting Analyst who will focus on the risk and performance reporting for Unilever clients and the asset pooling vehicles. This person will be closely involved in further rationalizing and improving the data and reporting processes and systems, shaping the future of Univest Company’s service standards.
Reporting to Unilever pension funds and regulators
Prepare and coordinate the provisioning of reports to Unilever pension funds and regulators on (amongst others):
- Asset values and allocation
- Various Risk measures (including monitoring of pre-specified limits)
- Sustainability / ESG indicators
Ensure this reporting is complete, correct and on time.
Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to keep this reporting up to market standards.
Liaising with third party service providers
Coordinate and discuss with third party service providers on reporting related topics, amongst others:
- Outsourced risk and performance data provision and reporting
- Performance and risk methodologies
- Manager and benchmark changes
Develop reports, dashboards and other tools
Develop, build and harmonize reports, dashboards and other tools which:
- Transform high quality data into meaningful and useful information to enable more effective insights and decision-making
- Meet the information needs of clients
- Meet the information needs of the portfolio managers in the investment team
- Further unlock the potential of the FactSet system used
Support the other members of the team where and when required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Economics, Finance or Information Technology degree or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 2–5-year experience in the (institutional) asset management industry
- Knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments
- Experience in working with FactSet
- Experience in working with Bloomberg
- Experience in working with Power Bi
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Excel VBA
- Strong analytical skills
- A flexible team player
- Accurate, structured.
- Easy communicator
- Fluent in Dutch and English (both spoken and written)
WHAT DOES UNILEVER OFFER?
Unilever is the place where you can be yourself and bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. We offer an exciting & dynamic work environment where you can make things happen. Furthermore, we offer some great reward and benefits!
- Attractive total remuneration package; excellent company pension, bonus, share scheme.
- Flexible cross-disciplinary career opportunities and a wealth of training opportunities & wellbeing resources whenever and wherever.
- Plenty of company-paid holidays to further ensure your work-life balance is maintained.
- We encourage an inclusive culture, which comes to life with interchangeable public holidays, paid paternity leave of 6 weeks and our transgender policy.
- Under the Hybrid Working principles, you will be expected to spend a minimum of 40% in the office or at customers, suppliers or partners to connect and collaborate. For the time you work from home, we will ensure you are well equipped. When you are at the office , you can enjoy our tasty canteen with prepped food and own products.
- Informal culture and being the first one trying our new products.
- My Fitness Plan (reduction on your Fitness Subscription).
- Home work allowance
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Green Mobility Policy.
Join Unilever and our team! To apply, you must do so online. Please do not forget to upload your CV and a motivation letter. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch shortly after the closing date to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
Looking forward to meeting you!
Please note this is a Direct Search led by Unilever. Applications from agencies will not be accepted, nor will fees be paid for unsolicited CVs.
For the recruitment of this position, we would like to emphasize that local conditions apply to the position and for this vacancy in principle we will first consider candidates based in the Netherlands. If you are based outside of the Netherlands and you are interested to apply, please feel free to do so but we can only take your application on if a decision is made to also recruit outside of the Netherlands.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Unilever is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, parenthood, pregnancy or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against.
By highlighting the gender diversity at the workplace, Unilever encourages women equally men to apply. If you look for a job after a long career break or after any type of leave, do not hesitate to apply.
Please save a copy of this vacancy for personal use as it will disappear from the website after closing of the role.