Software Engineer, Routing & Telematics
Vay has developed an alternative approach to autonomous driving called teledriving (remote driving) - to solve transportation in metropolitan areas.
Vay is the first company that has driven a car on European public roads with no one inside. Vay is the leading teledriving company setting the global standard for remotely driven vehicles. Vay aims to launch a safe, affordable, and sustainable door-to-door mobility service in the US, Germany and beyond. With its first service, Vay plans to remotely deliver and return electric cars for its customers.
This is very ambitious. And we can’t do it alone. So we'd love to meet you!
You will join a small team owning routing and telematics at Vay. Together with the team you will design and develop simple, efficient and reliable services with Go and contribute to C++ based components. You will be challenged with distributed system challenges, geometry manipulation and graph algorithms optimisation.
- Own end to end sprint goals and epics from requirements clarification to deploying to production
- Write design documents and documentation
- Develop and maintain cloud and in-vehicle components in Golang and C++
- Maintain infrastructure as a code on AWS
- Maintain CI/CD pipelines on GitHub Actions
- On-call responsibilities
- Understanding distributed systems well (CAP theorem and implications, race conditions, message queues)
- Strong coding skills utilising Golang
- Experience with C++ or open to up-skill
- We pioneer change: At Vay, we’re doing work that has never been done before. This comes with challenges, frustrations and failures along the way. We embrace these challenges through perseverance and innovation, delivering creative solutions to overcome them.
- We fuel collaboration: At Vay, we work as a team and strive for a common goal. We celebrate diversity and encourage different opinions. Our teams and partners communicate and collaborate openly. Together we build, improve, and grow.
- We drive action: At Vay, everyone takes pride and commitment in their role for every task and every challenge. We are biassed towards action and get behind the steering wheel, even when there is none. We are empowered to take initiative and drive it to completion.
- We build trust: At Vay, we consistently do the right thing, and follow through on our commitments to stakeholders, users and society. We understand their expectations and always respond in a way that feels human and respectful. We always put safety first and safety second.
- We create magic: At Vay, we don’t just make things that work, we build products people love. We create unexpected and delightful moments for our riders. We design end-to-end experiences that leave a lasting expression.
- You’ll be joining a highly committed, experienced, fun, and international team from over 30 countries. The team has previously worked at companies such as Tesla, Google, Waymo, Zoox, Byton, Argo, Amazon, Uber as well as Audi, BMW, and Daimler and has founded various companies before
- You would be a part of solving transportation in metropolitan areas all over the world – from Europe
- We organise thoughtful & fun team events throughout the year
- We provide healthy snacks, drinks, and coffee at our waterfront office in Berlin
- Company ESOP (stock options)
- Free German classes
Vay is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.
Come join the future!