EI&C Engineering Manager
Wacker Chemie AG
WACKER POLYSILICON is the global leader in the production of polycrystalline hyperpure silicon for the semiconductor and solar solar industries.
At our Charleston site, we are currently looking for a EI&C Engineering Manager to be a part of our growing team.
This is Us:
You know us. You just didn’t know it. WACKER is a global chemical manufacturer that prides itself on “Creating Tomorrow’s Solutions”. WACKER materials are so versatile and adaptable, they have virtually unlimited applications just about anywhere imaginable, making WACKER an integral part of daily life. Whether it’s protecting buildings from the elements, a tube of toothpaste, a cell phone, airbags, or cosmetics, people from all over the world come into contact each day with our products and achievements. We are looking for capable, innovative, and enthusiastic achievers to join our team and grow with us. We are currently seeking an EI&C Engineering Manager at our site in Charleston, TN.
What you will do:
The EI&C Engineering Manager will provide direction and technical support to a group of engineers in the field of electrical engineering, instrumentation, automation, and controls (EI&C) as necessary to provide for safe operations, regulatory compliance, and maximum availability of production units.
- Consult and support capital projects executed by project engineering
- Manage and/or support capital invest and expense type projects within area of responsibility
- Manage capital investment and technical expense budget
- Manage and coordinate 3rd party services providers
- Assure safe operating conditions of production units
- Assure regulatory compliance of production units
- Coordinate and manage responsibilities and workload between plant engineers assigned to the respective plant area
- Lead plant engineers assigned to support the respective plant area in the performance of their responsibilities
- Assure availability of production units at required capacity and quality
- Support process and technology transfer/exchange between Wacker's Polysilicon production sites
- Conduct and/or coordinate debottlenecking activities
- Conduct and/or coordinate troubleshooting activities
- Drive and support continuous improvement activities related to safety, quality, and cost
- Develop and/or support development of specifications, standards, and codes
- Work in interdisciplinary and intercultural teams
- Represent Wacker's interests towards authorities, suppliers, and contractors
- Compile and provide reports related to area of responsibility
- Cooperate with groups and individuals within the Engineering & Maintenance department, Operations, and other service units with focus on achieving optimal results/solutions from a corporate/enterprise perspective
- Perform all tasks and assignments in accordance with Wacker's policies and procedures.
- Ensure all required trainings are timely made by all team members in his/her area of responsibility.
- Responsible for hiring, performance reviews and training needs.
What we need from you:
- BS degree in the field of Engineering (Electrical Instrumentation or Controls, Chemical, etc.)
- 8-13 years of combined professional experience in the field of project engineering, plant or production engineering & maintenance, and project management
- 3+ years relevant engineering supervisory experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform and succeed in an environment of schedule and cost pressure
- Capability to professionally deal with changing priorities and requirements
- Thorough understanding of engineering principles, maintenance strategies and construction practices in the field of electrical engineering, instrumentation, controls, and automaton
- Technical knowledge in the field of electrical engineering, instrumentation, controls, and automation
- Knowledge in codes and regulations related to electrical engineering, instrumentation, and controls
- Experience in process control of OSHA PSM covered systems and processes
- Leadership skills combined with team player attitude
- Strong multitasking competency
- Objective judgement and fact-based decision-making approach
- Ability and willingness for domestic and international travel
Life at Wacker:
Wacker is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that our individual differences are our collective strength. We encourage our employees to be their authentic selves and desire team members that share these interests. You will be valued for your contributions and perspectives as we continue to grow together. Your career is important to us, and we want to foster a mutually beneficial relationship where you feel heard, understood, and fulfilled. We consider our employees’ overall health and satisfaction when creating a benefits package. Below are some of the additional incentives our employees enjoy.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance effective Day 1
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement Opportunities
- Education Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off in addition to personal days and holidays
- Support for Community Involvement
- Bonus Plans
WACKER, as an innovative chemical company, makes a vital contribution toward improving the quality of life around the world by developing intelligent solutions for sustainable growth. Our culture focuses on building and retaining diverse and inclusive teams. WACKER offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, competitive benefit offerings and beyond through giving back to our communities.
Be part of our WACKER family, across all nations!
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com.
Reference Code: 24986
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. A minimum requirement for this US-based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent unrestricted basis. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including for any type of US permanent residency (e.g., for a Green card).
WACKER is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.